been to the vets
hiya all just wanted those who replied to "blood" when my weimeraner had blood in her poo, well we have jus gone through 36 hrs of diharroea so i starved her etc still no joy anyway i took her to the vets and she has a infection of the intestine which has been flaring up. so 2 lots of anti biotics and a very sad doggy later we`ll see how she goes!!!!! shes feeling very sorry for herself but enjoyin the fresh chicken shes eating lol
anyway any ideas what else i can feed her? the vet told me keep her off dog food for a couple of weeks. so can anyone recommend a good, natural WET dog food for when shes better? and any ideas of other healing food other than chicken and rice and scrambled eggs?
thanks jo
Chicken, rice and scrambled eggs are all great foods for a dog recovering from illness or injury.  You might consider adding some yogurt since the natural cultures are great for the GI tract.

As for a good commercial food, I'm sure plenty of our other members can help you out with recommendations.  As you do your own research, get ready to do a lot of label-reading and rule out any food that uses "by-products" - that's all the stuff like downer cows, sick animals, feet, snouts and beaks not fit for human consumption.  Corn and most other grains are also something to be avoided in dogs with allergies or sensitive tummies.

Our Dal had an intestinal infection when we rescued him, and his recovery was rapid after a couple days of antibiotics.  I hope your pup does the same!
canned pie pumkin, meat baby food, cottage cheese
rice water, gatorade
boiled chicken livers
the rice itself acts sorta like lettuce on humans
Pectin paste from vets office twice daily help w/stools
I bet your little fella is fed up, poor baby, glad to hear the baby is still trying, hope the recovery starts going uphill and gets much better...
Take care!!!!
mad says thanks for the food ideas she getting bored of rice ha ha
You might want to hold off on that pumpkin until the diarrhea is gone.  It makes a great fiber laxative for dogs with constipation - don't think you need any encouragement in that area just yet.  LOL!

One other thing I just remembered because one of my dogs didn't like yogurt.  She needed antibiotics for a skin condition and (just like me!) she got the runs from the meds.  I just gave her an acidopholus capsule once a day and it cleared up the diarrhea right away.  Acidopholus one of the active cultures in yogurt that help restore the natural flora balance in the gut.
were do i get acidopholus tabs from? the vet? i never heard of them before!!!! she had a solid poo before it was like i`d won the lottery haha god our pets are sooooooooo precious