benadryl for a dog
How much of a 25mg tablet of benadryl can I give my 20lb. Chugg? He has a sensitively on his back that makes his skin crawl when petted back there. Anyone else experience such a thing?? Thank you
The dosage is 1-2mg per pound of the dog's body weight up to 3 times per day. So a 20lb dog can have between 20-40mg 2 or 3 times daily.

I would definitely speak to your vet before treating him, just in case there are any health issues, or other medications  with your dog, where Benadryl may not be advised. You could maybe speak briefly to the vet on the telephone. It won't cost anything.
My dog has had an allergic reaction I believe to ABC I gave her one 25 milligram Benadryl should I give her one more and how often should I give it to her
Thank you Ginger! I will do just that.
.Good Morning!
I have a 23lb. Terrier.  My vet has told me to give him one (1) 25mg tablet daily.  I give it to him in a teaspoon of vanilla ice cream (breyers) at bedtime.

My little fella is highly sensitive to any artificial food colorings in foods.  I have tried many but find that Blue Dog kibble for small dogs works the best.

Good Luck!  Hope this finds you and Chugg in good spirits today.

vanessa
I have a pom that weighs 11 lbs and my vet said give her half of a 25mg benadryl twice a day if necessary. Usually one dose is all I need.
Good luck!