border collie
Soon its gonna be new year in Holland and in the coming days there will be a lot of fireworks.
My dog is terribly afraid of it and every year i don't know how to calm him down.
Has anyone got some original suggestions??
have you considered (a peaceful) holiday doggy-day-care???
check out www.facebook.com/Hondentrimmer (Dog services in Leiden, Holland). Highly recommended :)
Well, Happy New Year!

For one thing, I hope he is not left home alone.
You can try crating him in a quiet room, cover the crate and turn on a TV or radio.
Give him something to distract him like a favorite bone or Kong toy.
Ask your Vet fir a mild sedative to give him.
Don't know if you are aware of this product but it dies get good reviews.  Look up Thunder shirt.  Might be worth a try.
You can try putting a T-shirt on him.  Put his legs through the arm holes, pull the shirt so it it is snug on his body and tie it in a knot or secure it.  

A problem here in the States too on Juky 4th.  More dogs are pick up by Animal Control on that Holiday than any other time of year.

Some suggest getting a CD or something with the fireworks noise and play it to try and condition the dog to the noise.

I know a few people that have to get sedatives for their dogs every year.