dog is eating through drywall
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle my 3-year-old mini dachshund eating through the drywall? I'm wondering if she is lacking something and that's why this is happening. Please help!! My house looks horrible!
This has to be behavioral, like a hyper active kiddo, so draw the dog's attention onto something else..
Get a heavy dog rope toy and soak in Can Campbell's chicken broth, or beef broth, soak the rope real good, then give to dog, hes teething, and its behavioral probably, don't break the habit now, the dog might chew on something dangerous and harm himself real bad....I have found this effective...
If its bad teething, you can buy ginger root in grocery store w/produce veggies are, it looks just like a root, peel the skin, and force the dog to bite into their teeth, its numbing and helps w/teething, its like a dog's orajel....
These are just a couple of easy, enexpensive ways to curve his/hers activity of chewing..
Now, if on the other side of drywall, is you, and the dog is trying to get to you, then he needs to be crated for time out disipline, then let out and give rope toy, and start teaching the dog how to have his alone time until hes with you...
Much of luck to you and yours...keep site posted, many others will give suggestions.
My dog did that. I couldn't understand how he ate through the wall.
It is anxiety. Or teething.
I agree with trying some teething techniques. Try a potato.
But everything the above doggie lover said is so true too.

Have patience. Your pup is telling you something...it's just hard for us to figure that out sometimes.