dog removed her stitches
my 101/2 yo golden lab had surgery 7/7 ago for mammary tumour,around sixteen stitches,large wound,last night she removed six/seven stitches,wound appears closed ,antibiotics completed,dou for suture removel in 2/7.is it ok i wait til then to see vet,no ooze or more obvious redness than previously. please help,have to work in am but would cancel if advised to go vet,also dog good appetite,good mood,no obvious pain.thank u.
I'm sorry, but I'm not understand the system you used to tell how long ago the surgery was and when the sutures were scheduled for removal.

As long as the wound appears to be closed and her antibiotics are finished, I wouldn't consider this to be an emergency, but I WOULD call the vet first thing in the morning and tell them what happened.   They will probably want to see how it looks and it's probably a good idea to have them look at it.  If she is going to be persistent about messing with it, you're going to need to put an Elizabethan collar on her to keep her away from it until it's completely healed, otherwise she could worry it to the point of reopening and I have seen and heard some real horror stories regarding dogs who have reopened their wounds.  You just want the vet to check it to be absolutely certain that it's not going to reopen without the stitches in.

Please let us know how she is.

Ghilly
No I didn't understand exactly what you meant about when she had the surgery, and when her stitches were due to be removed. I guessed you meant the surgery was a week ago? And the stitches due for removal in 2 days?
In which case it's probably going to be OK, so long as -like you said -there's no unusual swelling, redness, or oozing.
As Ghilly says, it's probably better to call your vet and just have a word on the telephone, to be on the safe side.

I understand this completely, as my dog had the exact same surgery just under a month ago. She tolerates an Elizabethan collar VERY badly -refusing to lie down, eat, drink, walk straight or anything else when wearing it! (even though it was a very interesting one with green paw-prints all over it! LOL)
So I put a customised old T shirt of mine on her! That worked a treat. I stitched some waterproof material underneath the belly area too, so she could wear it outside, and the scar wouldn't get splashed by water from wet grass, and mud splashes wouldnt get into the wound, and it worked well.
If your dog can't wear an Elizabethan collar either, then put a T shirt on her (it has to come right down over her belly, but my guess is it will stop her getting at the wound)
thank you so much,the days were 7/7 or 1/52 thats 1 week ago, and 2/7 is two days,sorry  its not clear,we write it like that here. shes not at it at all today,dont think she s agile enough to get at the remainder. will get sutures out tomoro,hopefully all will be well.thanks again,wil let you know.
genius,kind of like a loose leotard,thats funny,but really good idea.thanks
Yes it's gt to be long enough to cover the wound, loose enough to let air get to the wound so it will heal well, but not so loose that she can get in there and start digging away!
It'll have to be a T shirt you don't want anymore, because you will probably have to cut it to fit the shoulders
thanks for advice and help.vet removed remaining sutures,said wound margins will knit together in time,so thanks to people who replied to me. dog is great.
WONDERFUL news!  Give her a hug from me!

Ghilly