got new puppy and have older dog
I have had a new puppy for about three weeks now and this morning was the second time my 6 year old american bull dog/pitt bull had attacked the same kind of puppy. To give some background info on the 6 year old dog, she used to be used for fighting years ago and was adopted after, we have had her for a year now and she has been great with kids of all ages. Now, we got the puppy and her biting the puppy has scared me since I have a 7 year old daughter who plays with my 6 year old dog all the time!! The puppy was not biting the older dog or anything when this happened. I would like some advice, my mom thinks the dog didn't mean it, but that is impossible since I seen it happen this first time. The puppy had only walked up to the dog and the dog bit her on hte nose, it is pretty deep now. I am afraid and don't know if this puppy is tramatized for it happenening twice. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP!!! THANK YOU!
My advice would be to give this puppy up. It is almost impossible to take a dog who has been used for fighting and "train" that fighting out of them.
Probably have to agree if this dog was trained to fight.  It should probably be in a one dog home or with someone with more experience.
You sure don't want your child in the middle of a dog fight or worse.
This is NOT a good situation. Sorry.  Maybe keep the puppy and get another more compatible dog.
Where did you get the Pitt mix from?  Maybe they will take it back or check for a local Rescue group
The dog was trained to fight other dogs - it will not tolerate another one in the house.  Without extremely skilled help from a trainer with experience this is a no-win situation.   The older dog can kill the puppy.  Dogs NEVER do something "they don't mean to"..