hormonal problems - high white blood cell count-
My dog is a rescue dog  3yrs.- a spaniel type small dog she is overweight - 15kg despite many many long walks and she hardly eats anything - sometimes not for 2 days. she has just had some blood results that show Hormonal problems - the vet has now said she has a "syndrome" that only occurs in dogs aged 7-8 - sl whiloe she reads up on the 'syndrome" I have to wait 4 more days!! ( I am in Rhodes Greece) can anyone shed any light??, is it fatal, or can it be cured?
Oh my goodness....I have no idea, without knowing what this "syndrome" is called.

Sometimes dogs CAN develop ovarian cysts (kind of like humans) and that can affect their hormones. But also, there can be too much progesterone sometimes, or an unusual response to progesterone. This, while not dangerous in itself, can predispose the dog to developing Pyometra (and that, if it strikes, CAN be very dangerous and needs urgent veterinary attention, and emergency spaying)

Also, pituitary issues, even pituitary tumors (benign, or malignant) can cause hormone imbalances.

Her weight problems may be caused by water retention (excess fluid in the cells and tissues) It could be that a diuretic medicine prescribed by the vet would help. But you would definitely have to ask your vet about that as I might be wrong there.

Has she been spayed already?

If she hasn't been spayed, then I would recommend it -if in your vet's opinion the hormonal issues are ovary-related. And, of course, if in your vet's opinion she is fit enough for surgery.
By the way, a high white blood cell count does often signify some form of infection.