Dogs Community
pacing panting whining???

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

pacing panting whining???

Our 2 yr old springer spaniel is pacing the house the whole day. She is pacing panting whining and very restless. She is spayed. She does have bladder control issues overnight while sleeping.  She did pee while sleeping last night and prior to that was probably back in December. We just thought she was having accidents but we have definitely determined she does it while sleeping and is totally unaware she is peeing. But she really has me concerned to
night. It's almost like she's looking for something. She usually is a lap dog n loves to cuddle and sleep on your lap. I can't get her to relax at all. She didn't finish her supper which is very abnormal for her. Normally she doesn't slow down enough to even chew her food properly. Any suggestions?
Welcome....Pacing, panting, whining, restless means your girl is in PAIN! Of course, the pain has to be coming from somewhere, but we on this forum have no way to diagnose her.....There are too many possibilities.....

Because of the urinating problems, I would suspect a Urinary tract Infection, bladder infection, etc......However, by the extreme pain your describing, I would also lean towards a Kidney or Bladder Stone which is terribly painful.....Unfortunately, Stones are fairly common in small dogs!

You need to get her to her Vet ASAP.......Try to collect a urine sample on your own to take with you......This will save you the cost of your Vet having to do it.....

First morning urine would be best & should be refrigerated till your appointment.....Good luck and let us know what your Vet finds....Karla
Totally agree with Karla.  Something is definitely not right especially in such a young dog.  
Well took her to the vet this morning. Stool and urine samples were normal. Full physical was normal. Not lyme dz. Fever of 104.5. She now is sporadically "foaming at the mouth". Kinda foam/sud like saliva then drools like crazy. While this is happening she is freaking out. It obviously scares her. She then poops immediately no matter where she is.  Vet said it's nausea. She is still obviously uncomfortable. He started her on a broad spectrum antibiotic and pain medicine. We can give her pepcid for the nausea. F/u in 2-3 days to see if she's feeling better. If not full blood work up. Then u/s if labs r good. Dr said antibiotics r the best n cheapest rte to start off with. Hopefully she finds relief asap.
Glad you took her in but surprised he didn't at least check blood work.  If she seems worse. I would not wait to take her back.  Just nausea is not going to cause that fever.
Thanks for the update
Somethings not right here! I assume your girl has had her vaccinations? Foaming at the mouth is a sign of poison! Happen to have any poisonous toads in your area?
The loss of bowel function sounds like a symptom of a seizure!
Fever, I'm not sure where that fits in....What does her poop look like?
Any possibility that she is getting into any poisons? They cause seizures, too?
What does her diet consist of? Including treats?  Has she recently had any topical flea products or anything like that? Thanks, Karla
Totally agree, Karla.  Maybe time for a new Vet.
So sorry to hear about your dog.  I completely agree with things not adding up right.  

We had a dog once (my dad is a hunter and we had LOTS of dogs) that would act this way.  He would walk around the yard "lost" acting, searching..kind of hallowed eyed..then he started foaming out the mouth.  We found out he had distemper.  I don't know if this is the case, but just wanted to throw that out there as a possiblity.  

I do hope you find out what's wrong with her.  I'm sure she's soo scared.