Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Feeling Of Water In Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Feeling Of Water In Ear

I have had a feeling of water dripping in my ears for the past 3 months.  My ears also feel warm when this is going on.  I thought it had something to do with hyperacusis I developed after a rock concert, but this happens in the middle of the night when there is no noise. I have seen an ENT 3 times and each time he says there is no fluid in my ears, I had a hearing test and they appear healthy other than my left one being retracted.  Originally what sent me to see the ENT was my ears popping when I swallowed.  I have tinnitus and sense of fullness as well.  After allergies were ruled out, he referred me to a TMJ specialist.  I definitely have TMJ and I know it can cause many ear problems, but all this?  If anybody knows what it may be or what I can ask my ENT about I would certainly appreciate it.  It seems like I am trying to track down one symptom after another.  
I had that same feeling and begged a doc to put tubes in my ears. I would go to urgent cares and they would see fluid, even the allergist saw fluid, just not the ENT. They are helping me somewhat, but I am still having ear fullness. I was too told to check for TMJ, but I also have a swollen throat. I never checked the TMJ theory because I thought they were wrong about me. My jaw never hurts! I am looking into another opionion because my tonsils are always enlarged. I read that that can cause referred ear pain. Good Luck!!
I have had a feeling of water dripping in my ears for the past 3 months.  My ears also feel warm when this is going on.  I thought it had something to do with hyperacusis I developed after a rock concert, but this happens in the middle of the night when there is no noise. I have seen an ENT 3 times and each time he says there is no fluid in my ears, I had a hearing test and they appear healthy other than my left one being retracted.  Originally what sent me to see the ENT was my ears popping when I swallowed.  I have tinnitus and sense of fullness as well.  When my ears feel the fullest, this is when the dripping sensation starts and they feel less congested for a short time.  After allergies were ruled out, he referred me to a TMJ specialist.  I definitely have TMJ and I know it can cause many ear problems, but all this?

Please check out this:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/temporomandibular_joint_tmj_syndrome/page3_em.htm#TMJ Symptoms

Regards
OHNS2010
Read the symptoms page and nothing about the feeling of wet ears or hyperacusis is mentioned.

There is no strict rules, mentioning that all the symptoms you experience should be there in the literature. To diagnose any disease key points are more relevant than the entire history.

Regards
OHNS2010
I have noticed that when I move my jaw either up and down or side to side the ringing in my ears seems more intense.  I read that if the tinnitus changes by clenching teeth or putting pressure on the jaw or forehead it could be related to the TMJ.  Is there any way to tell if the ringing would be more intense anyway without the TMJ?