Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Lice spreading in rears and nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Lice spreading in rears and nose

i found the website by typing in "lice in the ears and nose" in june 2009 my son brought a case of head lice from flordia to georgia. He is back in Flordia lice free my parents and self are here in georgia with a very severe case of lice.  Have you had any patients deal with this wide spread of lice? I sleep with plugs in my ears and noise. My eyes even have lice in them a thick gule like subance. This situation is becoming very desprate for me, the lice have also spread to a private part of my body (not crabs, it is lice) nothing kills the lice I use tea oil that heals a little with the personal area but that hurts. Store brands and perspriction does not work.
Please if you have information on this subject or have heard of any one dealing with it and getting over it would you please send me information.

Sincerely,

Susan
Tags: lice
  • Lice in Nose (2 replies):
    I am a retired NP. I have had a problem with head lice t...[more]
  • Bugs in ears (16 replies):
    Hey, just like ten minuets ago I took a shower and after...[more]
  • Lice in Nose (1 replies):
    I have been treated for head lice, pubic lice still have...[more]
I have never encountered this myself.  There is shampoo/topical medicines that can be prescribed.
Hi susan

is your problem solved ?

I would try to apply ice. I read they don't like changes in temperature . Good luck

Alicia_4
DEAR SUSAN; I AM A 54 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO HAS NEVER, EVER HAD HEAD LICE BUT BOY OH BOY, I CAN NO LONGER SAY THAT.  OF COURSE MY KNEE JERK REACTION WAS TO RUN TO THE PHARMACY AND BUY THE RECOMMENDED POISON.  OF COURSE IT DIDN'T WORK.  I HAVE A TON OF LONG BLOND HAIR, A TON.  IT TAKES AN HOUR TO COMB THROUGH IT TWO TIMES EACH DAY.  CAN'T STAND THE CRAWLY FEELING.  THEY ARE IN MY EYEBROWS AND LASHES, SAME AS YOU.  I HAVE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS SO I'M USUALLY VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I PUT ON/IN MY BODY.  I WEAR COTTON GLOVES WHEN I GO SHOPPING, NEVER KNOW WHAT'S LURKING.  EACH TIME I REMOVE THEM AFTER SHOPPING, THEY ARE A MESS.  FILTHY AND GROSS.I'M STICKING TO THE HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENTS NOW.  SO FAR NOTHING HAS ERADICATED THE BASTARDS BUT I AM BEING VERY DILIGENT AND I WILL WIN (JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN!!)  HERE IS WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR;  LISTERINE DOUCH WITH SHOWER CAP LEFT ON ALL NIGHT.  MAYO, YUCK, BUT IT WORKED VERY WELL BUT OBVIOUSLY SOME WERE HIDING.  NEXT IS NEEM OIL MIXED WITH ANOTHER ESSENTIAL OIL OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.  ASK YOUR HEALTH FOOD STORE EXPERT AND HOPEFULLY HE/SHE WON'T BE JUDGEMENTAL.  THERE IS NO SHAME IN GETTING HEADLICE, WE'VE BEEN USING THE SAME BUG KILLER ON THEM FOR  SUCH A LONG TIME THAT WE'VE CREATED SUPER LICE.  PLEASE DON'T USE ANYTHING WITH LINDANE AS AN INGREDIENT, VERY POISONOUS AND CAN ONLY BE GOTTEN WITH A SCRIPT FROM YOUR M.D.  I TRULY HOPES THIS HELPS YOU!  CHIN UP AND GO GET 'EM GIRL.  JO JO