Ear, Nose & Throat Community
White tonsil sized lump at the base of my tongue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White tonsil sized lump at the base of my tongue

Hi, thanks for reading, I hope you can help. Today I developed a sore throat which doesn't feel any different from a normal sore throat, but looking in the mirror if I stick my tongue out as far as I can, I can just about see a large white lump in the middle of my tongue, right at the back. It's shaped almost like a tooth - slightly wider at the top. It's white, with blood vessels visible, and it's nearly as big as my tonsils (which don't seem swollen).

It's quite a worrying sight! Browsing the internet I wasn't able to find any reports of anything similar.

Any responses are greatly appreciated!

-Charles