Ear, Nose & Throat Community
continous breathing, pusling noise in ear- what's wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

About a week an a half ago I had gotten over a cold and my left year felt stuffy. The next day I could hear what sounded like my internal breathing, similar to a swishing noise or a heart beat. My ear feels really full, but doesn't hurt. I though maybe I had some drainage issues and that sooner or later my ear would get better. Since then its not gotten better. I sometimes can move my head in various directions, tilting to my right side or lying down, and it goes away temporarily. A week after, I still had no pain, but I couldn't stand the continuous noise so I went to my campus general medicine center and  the PA who diagnosed me said she couldn't see anything wrong with my ear other than slight bulging of my eardrum...She  said I probably had some Eustachian tube blockage since my cold, and gave me decongestants...I tried the decongestants but it didn't help. I just really want to know what is going on, and how can I stop this sound?
Are you sure it's not an ear infection?  Or fluid in the ear?  That can happen with a cold or sinus infection.  Do you have sinus trouble?

What kind of noise is it?  Sometimes I hear my heartbeat in my ear when I lay down.  I dont' know if it means anything. I do have high blood pressure, though.  Since you are young, that is probably not your issue.
Well I'm not sure if its an ear infection, because there is no discoloration on my eardrum and I have no pain. The doctor looked in my ear and so no fluid, unless its behind my eardrum, in which case I think their would be some coloration on my eardrum. It kinda sounds like my heartbeat or even my breathing. Like a swooshing noise really. But it just feels like im in an airplane and my ears are about to pop...but they haven't popped yet. I tried chewing gum, forcefully popping my ears, and things that I know of... =T
I've had the same problem for over 10 years... I'm not sure exactly what it is... Both my parents and doctor just brush it off. I usually just snort some and it goes away. I know that sounds rediculous but it works for me.
I'm really sorry to hear that its gone for 10 years. That must be bothersome...I guess I will have to get use it then...thanks though for the advice. I tried snorting...my mom told me to...but it persists...thanks though for the advice.
I just started looking across the internet for people experiencing ear problems after having a 'winter cold' this Dec/Jan.  I am very worried about my persistent symtoms (symptoms) long after the 'cold' was over.  For 2 weeks now I have been unable to clear my right ear, have lost about half my hearing on the right, and have a new, incessant ringing that I better not have to just 'live with' from now on.  Danuji, your symptoms sound similar to mine.  No pain anymore (it was bad for two days, initially), but the 'empty room echo' effect tells me something IS very wrong.  I have got an ENT specialist looking at it, but they are slow to draw conclusions AND they aren't looking for possible related casses.  Take this to the next level if you can, I think this cold/bacteria/virus or whatever it is is bad.
I was wondering if anyone was having similar symptoms after their cold. I didn't want to persist with my campus facility, considering they didn't find anything the first time, and so I thought it would be embarrassing to go to them a second time, without a fever, pain or something, but this pulsing/swishing whatever noise this is can't be normal, and the pressure doesn't seem to have reached normal, I constantly think my ears are about to pop...sigh. I think I will definitely check this out. Thanks so much, good luck with your ENT.
The noise in ear and any other ear problems can be reduced and brought under control.Try this and reap the benefit  for yourself.There is no cost.Anulom vilom helps with the ear and the the others exercises will tackle any other health issues.
The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) to help with ear problem are:

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 12  times

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit
and feel good because you are helping your body.Those who say I have tried everything....
will be amazed at the result of doing pranayam.
OK, hava, I am willing to try anything to get this ringing in my head to stop.  Of course, I feel my continued symptoms are a direct result of the cold/infection I had in early Jan, and I would prefer a medical resolution to this medical condition.  Is your stated technique recommended for general health or also to reverse the symptoms brought on by an infection or virus?  I have been prescribed antibiotics and steriods to fight the infection, but these persistent after-effects of the illness are really disturbing.
I have tried your yoga instructions. I must admit they are helping somewhat, but only for about 5-10 minutes is the pulsing noise gone. I realize these techniques are longterm commitment type things, and I will try doing them consistently. But I do have some concerns.  After I do these breathing exercises, especially the Anulom Vilom, there is alot of pressure build up in my head... I fell like my head is tightening if that makes sense...is that supppose to happen?
I recognize these symptoms.   Is most likely fluid in the middle ear.    I was recently treated for this condition.    That is common after a cold.    The eardrum is distorted, which causes conductive hearing loss until the fluid is removed.   It also causes the loud, disturbing ringing and the other sounds.   Your ear feels like it needs to pop but does not.     That is because the fluid is trapped.

Only removing the fluid will remove the symptoms.     When we are desperate...and I sure was desperate...we want to try whatever we can.    I would have put catsup in my ear if someone would have told me it could help!    But from experience I can tell you that one thing helps....draining the fluid.    . Put your energy into getting a doc who will help.

The doctor will first try prednisone and if that does not work will do a myringotomy.   This removes the fluid.    In most cases it is done in the doctor's office.   It was totally painless and was over in no time.  

Please see an ENT if you have not done so.   I wish the best for all of you!
Do all the pranayam exercises and it will help the other problems/side effects you are suffering.
While doing the pranayam, if you feel dizzy or tired, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Do Bhramri (upto 20 times) last and take 3 deep breaths to end your session.
The noise goes away for 5-10 minutes, so you are doing it right. With regular pranayam and aiming for the maximum timing, the noise will stay away for longer and longer until it disappears.
Wow, I'm really surprise to know that I'm not the only one having the same problem as you. Is crazy how I be trying to explain to my friends and family that I be having this weird breathing noise in my hear and all they do is say "oh don't worry about it much, is probably just air or fluid in your ear, no biggy". You know, is hard to explain to someone when they don't know how it is until it happens to them. When I first started having this ear thing back in 2004, to be honest with you, I didn't know how I got it. One day all of a sudden my ear just started making this weird breathing noise and I thought it was a bug or something. Kinda weird how it didn't hurt. For some reason I did kinda lost a lil bit of hearing, just a lil. Trust me I tried everything you can think of, medications over the counter, chewing gum, yawning.. etc. But nothing works. I finally went to the Dr. and told him my problem. And guess what? He couldn't find anything wrong with my ear either. So what does that leave me? Nothing. Til' this day I still have the same problem as you. And man, don't it bugs? Oh you besta believe it, I be getting mad sometimes and frustrated. But don't worry, your not the only one having the same problem, there's others. I have an appt. w/my Dr. pretty soon, so I'm hoping she can help me. If anything I'll be sure to pass down the information to you.

Thanks for the breathing exercises.  As the other guy said, I too am willing to try anything.  Even if it doesn't help relieve the "noise," it will most likely help to relieve the frustration and annoyance that comes with "ear sounds."  There is not much worse than trying to sleep at 3 a.m. with a kettle drum going off in your ear.  Practically guarrantees insomnia.

As for the procedure, Myringotomy, isn't that just the perfect name for a procedure that is supposed to get rid of the RINGing in your ears!  LOL!!!  I will remember that if I decide to go to the doctor.  Thanks for all good advice.
OK, here is an update from OtisATL.  After being seen by 2 ENT doctors and having a full MRI brainscan ($4,000) and a CT sinus scan ($800) I have been diagnosed with IEBT. That is Inner Ear Baro Trauma.  They believe it was caused by flying in an airplane with or soon after a sinus cold, having trouble clearing the air pressure on descent, and forcibly trying to clear my ears while having this trapped air pressure in my sinuses.  

So what is IEBT?  A tearing of a membrane or membrenes in the INNER ear; we're talking about the fluid filled cochlea of the inner ear.  Not the ear drum, middle ear area, eustacian tube, or sinus.  The cochlea has all the "little hairs" that account for our range of hearing and which send signals directly to the auditory nerve to be sent and interpreted by our brain as sound.  This is an area that can neither be helped by surgery or drugs.  I am told my symptoms of "ear fullness", inability to "clear my ears", and the constant ringing, or tinnitus, I hear are all attributed to inner ear problems.  Let me be clear, if you think you can't "clear your ears" but your ENT says the ear drum is infection free and the middle ear has no fluid in it and your sinuses are not swollen, then perhaps, like me, you are only PERCEIVING that you can't clear your ears, because THAT is what your brain is telling you based on the info it is receiving through your auditory nerve.

I am told the body can heal itself of this problem by regrowing the torn membranes, but it can take as much as 6 months to a year to do so...if it can at all.  Depends on where the tear is and how big it is.  I am keeping a VERY CLOSE eye on this one. Let me know if anyone else is getting this same diagnosis from their ENT.  I'll check back here trhoughout March 08.  

I don't know anything about IEBT but I have Meniere's disease which has the ear fullness, tinnitus.  Even though I don't have fluid in my ear, a specialist at Johns Hopkins Medical Center prescribed TRIAM/HCTZ, a potassium-sparing diuretic, which helps clear the fullness and reduce or stop the tinnitus.  Hope this helps.
The body can heal itself, but doing the breathing exercises will help the body to do it faster.So those doing the pranayam will see start to notice results in 4 months and complete cure in upto 12 months.
I am having the same EXACT problem as OtisATL.  It is annoying and hard to fall asleep.  I hope I don't have the IEBT.  I had this bad flu last week which caused alot of mucus, I think it drained into my ear when I was asleep or something.  I don't know what to do now.  I have tried nose spray (regular AND steroidal), sudafed, allegra, benedryl (not all at once) ear drops, alcohol in my ear, pretty much everything mentioned on the internet.  My ear either plugs and I hear the swooshing, or it is constantly popping everytime I swallow.  
i am experiencing the same problem now...but i have it in both ears and have not had a cold or flu for months, it driving me mad i feel like ive been in a nightclub all night and my ears are still ringing, i have had migranes (migraines) for the past week but apart from that i dont see what could of caused it. please can any1 help as im at the end of my teather
I have just posted a comment related to a blocked eustachian tube right ear left ear now blocked.  I posted it in reply to another part of the site.  I then saw this.  I am actually not feeling too great and my spirit is a bit broken.  I am now feeling quite depressed after reading all of these problems and feeling sorry for all of these people.  I have had this feeling for two weeks now and thought the fluid would drain by itself quite naturally.  I have searched the net and saw a POPPER being advertised - the air puff idea.  I have been given rinatec nasal spray by my doctor but afraid to use.  Thought I'd try the breathing exercises.  Not sure how you do the bit where you pinch your nose but have to breath in without opening nose or mouth - how is this possible.  I tried it leaving a very slight opening and it felt pressured breathing in and out - don't know what the puff cheeks means either - sorry to be so dense.  I would love to find a natural way to relieve this BUT am now feeling despair and not positive at all as I read this comments of people suffering sometimes for years.  Please comment on this.  Thank you.
24 July 2009 Blocked ear
Do this to help with blocked ear.
Breathe in,
Close  your nose(nostrils) with thumb and forefinger,
Blow out(like blowing a baloon) 3 times, keeping the mouth and nose closed (the cheeks will blow outwards).
You will notice the ear drum moving.
Do this only once per day.

Also do the breathing exercises (pranayam), starting with anulom vilom and bhramri in the first week and then all the pranayam.
Do ask again if you are still unsure, but do not give up the pranayam, as you will feel the benefit naturally.
Thank you for this.  I did do the yoga breathing and it helped release some of the mucus but no joy with my ears as yet.  After this length of time I am trying to be brave and take the spray the Doctor gave me- I am scared I get the side-effects then go into panic mode, which is an awful place to be.  I will however continue with the breathing you suggest as I think it will be good for my health and well-being in any case.  You have inspired me to look for a yoga class.  Many thanks again.
i've been hearing breathing in my ear for 2 months now some time i get so tire of it i don't know to do 1 dr said i had flood in my left ear and 2 other drs said thier was nothing wrong with my ear i know a few weeks from that i had acute bronchictis,this noise will not go away and iget headaches behind my hear what can that mean please help
OMG, i have been having this for about five days, feels/sounds as of i went swimming and the water is still in there , and there is this constant bang , or it sounds like a teapot when the water is
the water is boiling . I am losing sleep because of this. right now i am up at 4 am listening to the clock and searching the net to see what i can diagnose myself with (at home) and THIS helps :/ :/
you may be anemic try floradix iron serum i did and after 2 days felt so much better cant hurt to try all the best.
Hearing a hearbeat-like sound in your ear may be pulsatile tinnitus. There can be many possible causes.  See http://www.whooshers.com for more info and support.  
Hi ,

i have a similar condition...please update on your results...would be extremly grateful!
hi hava!
i have started, as of 2 months ago to do your breathing suggestions for my ear problem. i have had this for over 2 years now, which started with a cold and then dizziness. after countless doctors none could help. i started by doing the breathing in one nostril and out the other then in that one and out the other. (sorry don't remember the actual name of the practise.) i originally was only doing that one once a day, after having misread your recommendations. about one month later i started with twice a day. it always seems to almost clear up, but never quite with the exercises. as well, sometimes lately i find it difficult to continue the twice a day routine, and wondered if once a day is sufficient. and should i also add perhaps cleaning out the sinus passages with a netil pot to aid in the movement. because your suggested methods have seemed to have had the most obvious change so far, i don't want to give up just yet... but am starting to lose faith that it will never completely go away. the discharge that ocassionally comes out is extremely sticky, like glue. i'm wondering if this is just too difficult to clear out of the ear canals due to it's makeup and continued production. i have no clue whatsoever what type of possible infection it is. i have been tested for allergies, but the results were only low-level indications, which i'm sure were a result of having already had this in my nasal passages for a year already at that point. whatever was there just added to creating the low-level allergies. any help or further suggestion would truly be appreciated.
as an added note, 6 months ago i started to have high-pitched buzzing in my ears. although not loud, i can notice it in quiet times.
thanks again!
nancy
Nancy, it is good to get feedback from you.This will help so many other people.You can use Neti pot as well to clear up the nose.Try and do anulom vilom for 30 minutes for 2 weeks, if you can.Do all the pranayams I have described, and all the body systems will get into balance, and the nose and ear problems will decrease and go away in 3 to 6 months.As the immune system improves gradually, you will start to feel the benefits week by week.The pranayam will also help with the buzzing in the ear.Initially you need to do twice a day, to attack the problem, and then you can continue the pranayam once a day after you feel better(more than 50 per cent better).

The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will  help with nose and ear problems.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration 2 to 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Duration : 5 to 12  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day, for rest of life.
Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit and feel good because you are helping your body.Those who say I have tried everything....
thank you so much hava for your detailed response! i have been doing the Anulom Vilom for 20 minute periods twice a day, and on ocassion 30 minutes. i also include the Bhramri Pranayam appox. 5 times/once a day. have also been doing the Bhastrika while walking my dog, if that's ok. will add the Kapalbhati. it def. has cleared up gradually and is about to 50% now. however, it's determined! and seems to keep coming back slightly. i wake with clear mucous in my nose, probably build-up from the night. and then the popping in the ears. noticed blood in my right nostril yesterday, but perhaps this is because my nose is going thru attempts at healing is a little raw right now. i will consider using the neti bottle (mine is the squeeze version) but last time i did, long before trying your exercises, water got stuck in my eustatian tubes for 2 days and freaked me out, as i felt now that i was TRULY in a fishbowl! perhaps though the 'ear glue' has cleared up substantially enough to hold the water up there by now.
anyway, i'm so glad i came across your post initially, as it has been the ONLY thing so far that seems to help and make sense. the psychological side-effects from this illness are difficult... the sense of being trapped in one's head, and not being able to breath... the very thing that is survival! i will keep you and all posted! thanks hava! nancy
i forgot to mention that often, due to time constraints, i am not able to do the exercises until late in the day, thereby having the second time for doing the exercises only several hours later. i hope this is not too close together...
You are doing very well with the pranayam, and adapting to the different techniques. This will help you throughout life.After using the neti bottle, slap the back and the two sides of  your head 2 or 3 times, to shift any water stuck inside, and do kapalbhati for 1 minute to clear any drops left. The second round of pranayam can be done as it suits you.
i have had the noise in my left ear for a little over 5 years now i have been trying to find n e 1 who didnt just think i was crazy to try to figure this out for me i have been to an ear nose and throat specialist and had an angiogram done a nothing still.... this initially started when i was swimming so i thought i just got water in my ear then it never went away so i thought it might be serious..about 2 years after it started i had a really bad ear ache so i put some medicine in it, and totally regreted it i screamed for about 10 minutes after i put in the medicine, then all the sudden my ear poped and hurt like hell and bled..then it was sore for days after that...but the noise never stopped and as of now it doesnt hurt just rather annoying is all...my doctor just kinda says live with it but that is not happening i am soon going to another specialist and if they can tell me anything i will deffinately inform you and every one else with this problem....kirsten.
hi! ok.i'm soooo happy to report i've found a cure for this crazy thing... i started to use a sinus rinse that included grapefruit seed extract which you can buy in any health food store (approx. $10). it is a natural antibiotic, and it gets right up there into the eustatian tubes.here is the recipe:
Infection-fighting Sinus Rinse

1 teaspoon non-iodized salt (i used a 1/4 tsp.)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
5 drops of grapefruit seed extract (GSE available at health-food stores)
2 cups of warm water
(Makes enough for both nostrils.)

Use this mixture three times a day if you are fighting an infection. Course of treatment should be a minimum of three days or up to ten days.

(and the website i got it from: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art58840.asp)
i've did it twice and day for 1 1/2 weeks, then every 3 or 4 days... and am now down to once a week, with the end being in sight... i expect to only have to do it once or twice more. total approx. 3 weeks in all!
trust me, this is a miracle, after having gone thru antibiotics galore. the grapefruit seed extract seemed to get right up there. be forewarned though, it will in the intial stages get stuck up there for a bit, as it works it way thru the gunk... hang in there, as it will slowly get it's way thru in upcoming rinses. i use the squeeze bottle type of nasal rinse, which gives it more pressure to get up into the eustatian tubes. please feel free to contact me for further info.
nancy
Its me after 2 years of peace. With college and everything I eventually was diagnosed with venous hum. There are no adverse side effects other than this heartbeat/breathing noise. I've tried everything one can with limited money. I use to only get this once a year for 1 week and it would go now I've had this noise for 3 months. I think I'm gonna have to live with it. SIGH. If anyone else has venous hum and found any effective solution I would much appreciate it. My spirits are very down now cause I'm now studying for post grad and late nights with books and a loud heartbeat is almost driving me nuts. Thanks again.
To calm down the heart and reduce the noise do:
1) anulom vilom pranayam for 15 minutes
2) bhramri pranayam 21 times
3) this neck exercise
Neck exercise
Breathe in slowly and turn your head to the left,
Breathe out slowly and bring the head back to middle position
Breathe in slowly and turn your head to the right,
Breathe out slowly and bring the head back to middle position.
Do this exercise 5 times.
Repeat this 5 times, with the head going up and back, and then head going down.

Do all this and let us have your feedback after 9 days.
Thanks! I just read your post. I will start from today and report to you in 9 days. Thank you so much for your continuous advice. I hope it works..
Have you checked about patulous eustaquian tube? It is a bening but rare condition, internet provides enough information on this.
just wanted to let everyone know that earwash drops (carbamide peroxide) used with flusher in affected ear then a couple of hours later took RX diuretic maybe otc would work as well then followed by ear candling found at local health food store or gnc. worked for me. slept a good 8 hrs. and woke to no noise. I spoke positively that it would be better and the next am it was. I wish u all well. I know it can feel like youre going insane but just hang in there. I also know that some may be an underlying problem and some can be fixed esp. if its due to wax buildup or foreign objects in ear. peace and godspeed to everyone who wishes for it.
I have had the swishing/ hear beat noise in my right ear for over 2 years and have been to several Dr. and had my artieries checked, nothing seems to stop it, it wakes me up at night and is very annoying.  Yesterday I went to a ENT and he looked in my ear....same as every other Dr. and said well, I thik it is that your jugular vien has some how pushed against your cairoted artery and it is now closser to your hear drum, nothing any one can do and just get use to it.  I can not imagiane going through life with this.  This sounds crazy to me.  I am lost and have tried all the info some of you guys have talked about.  Anyother idea, or has anyone else heard of such a thing?
Garland
Follow my advice posted on May 10 ,2010 and July 27, 2010
You will have to do it patiently, twice a day for months, as the benefit is felt gradually. You will feel good that you are doing  something yourself, to help your body. You will notice other side benefits, when you do the pranayam. Post your feedback, when you see improvement.
October 6 ,2011
I have noise in my ear  like I am standing under  electric pole. It goes and come back and when its about to go I can hear my heart pumping at the end. It has been about 2 months and now I am seeing my ENT but couldn't find what is going on exactly.  As far as I know there could be a different reasons like vessel or heart disease, infection, tumor etc. If it is infection and if you don't would like to use antibiotics I heart that garlic or onion could be a cure for this.There are different way to apply but easiest and simple one; cut the garlic in line and wrap tissue around and put in your ears canal about 5-10 min. I hope this help to some.
Yesterday I just google for the my Ear Problem, which I thought will be very rare.. a very specific sound like the noise of clouds, which is continuous.. to my surprise I found may of them with same problem.. from Jan 2008 untill Nov 2011, I have seen the forum.. it was good for my learing... as I was about to visit doctors..  one thing I want to tell you that, there are different treatments for different disorders and any specific treatment cannot be implied to all, like yoga,, it may cure lots of problem,, but some problems cannot be cured, therefore one should be very open to adopt to the situation.. to brief my comment.. I immediately call my doctor.. who is fortuantely an ENT.. and a very practical doctor.. he never advices for any special test.. like MRI.. CT scans etc.. So.. I informed him my problem and after listening he immediately prescribed me a magical tablet Vertin-- which comes in diff dosages like 8, 16 and 32 mg, he suggest to start with 8 mg for 10 days, then if not go for 16 and 32 like that.. but I started taking 16 mg tabs, and to my surprise by grace of God.. I found 50% relief in one day..and the medicine is also very cheap.. 77 INR for 10 tabs.. for the tab details you can visit the link http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/3001/SPC/By-Vertin+16mg+Tablets/#PRODUCTINFO.  please keep updated.. I will also update.. Have a nice week end..
Hey all..
Well I just started having this ear problems and I am surprised others hear/feel it too. Me, being in the water 24/7 for sports, I have had many ear infections and I thought it just was an after effect. But no, this kept going on for 3 days. I agree with all, trying to sleep with it was complete and utter hell. After finally googling my issue and coming to this site, I read what some tried to do to get rid of the annoying nose. Someone suggested "popping your ears," or blowing through the nose while two fingers conceal the nasal canal causing a feeling of ones ears being popped. I was quite skeptical of this actually working, and I was hesitant to try it because popping your ears definitely does not make top 10 most comfortable things list. But, being as desperate as I was, I popped my ears... and WOW! The noise is gone! Trust me, pop your ears! It helps so much! Lets see if this holds out till morning! I hope!
Hey all..
the same thing is happing to me what is or was happing to danuji.. I dont trust taking just any med. and i dont wanna go to the doc. i just want it to go away somehow ><. it happen before June 2013 .. i was going away i thing around this month cause i was not hearing it much at all then latter on my sis got me and my bro's sick then the stupid noise came back worse. any help?? i will check up on this i want it away.
i dont know how to pop ears.. i tried blowing my noise while holding it closed but that makes it worse.. im happy to know that im not the only one having this problem but not happy that it is happing to us all ><
does anyone still go on this sight? i hope so.. :o
... i dont know why but i worry a lot  a lot and im worried about what ever is happing to my ear... or what ever i dont thinks its the ear, i think its the sinuses cloging up with mucus.. cause not long ago my mom gave me some medicine for the first time and it went away for a while, the 2ed time i took it it did not help as much as last time.. . um right now im noting having the problem because i have my head a lil sideways for some reason but my neck hurts a little.. ohwell its 10/7/2012 ..2:47 pm i hope someone gets back to me on this sight im just sorta worried its been happing for months now.. i hear a halloween commercial on.. i feel my hear ..like a little bit of presure right now? i dont know.. it feels weird. Oh man i forgot to say this --> it always feels like my nose it clogged and i never can fix that -_- i think its the part of the problem im having because when i blow it i feel lots of presure in my ear or what ever it is..OHhhh i forgot to say this to , i cant smell anything much anymore.. wait a sec i need to take some medicine .. k done. omg.. i can smell something cooking that unbeliveable for me because i never can smell stuff.. still im not better though.. I hope i can make some friends on here i just get lonly sometime , im no little kid .. im 16 ..oh im listing to music right now also xDD  WDVE station .. im having a good time just not the sick part .. i hope i make some friends  on here then maybe we can text by facebook,myspace or phone  kk bye bye.. oh one more thing.. i can always do this weird wind thing with my ear also i dunno what it is but i really helps when bubbles r in in my ears .. its so hard to explain... like .. u can do.. its just to hard to explain but for the people that know thats cool because i bet u dunno how to explain it to.. well i hope i get some friends all my real friends r gone
i still keep checking up on this site .. im not seeing no comments and the noise thing is still happing >< i dont like it please.. someone...
Look at my posts from September 2008 to help with your problems. I cannot repeat the answers.
are you sure its sept. 2008 cause im not seeing that post..
i still check up on the site.. hopefully something will happen..
Can the body heal itself and the stupid noise thing will go away?.. idk.. every holiday im sick.. and now its gonna be close to be halloween.. I dont want this ear thing going on.. is there any way to get it away with out having to see a doctor ..? hope so cause i been taking medicine but its not working anymore. im hoping it wont stay forever somehow.. im a lot less happy when this has stared.. and im just not happy much with my gf also cause of this problem.. i just want it gone.Anyone else have any ideas what it could be or how to get rid of it? Hava told me look though sept.2008 comments but i dont see that so.. i dont know im hoping my body is tring to get rid of it.. :(
Hi Danuji
sorry to hear that this effect your studies and all.  I too have similar problem.  ONE thing that works temporarily- is turning on WHITE NOISE.  I have this square fan that has constant noise.  this 'White noise' will fade out the noise in your ear and that you can concentrate for your reading.  I do the same for nighttime too.  
some of the yoga suggested here also helped me.
It really works.  Beside that I believe in prayers.
hope this helps
All the suggestions/comments  I have made on this forum,  from the beginning, will help with the ear and other problems. You have to follow the yoga techniques described regularly to heal your body from inside. This works gradually, be patient, and allow months to feel the benefit. Continue anulom vilom(15 minutes daily)  for rest of life, to stay well.
hava
I cannot believe I found this forum.  This exact issue has happened to me twice.  A few weeks apart.  The first time I was freaked out because no tilting of my head could get the issue to stop (like I would do if I had water in my ear from swimming for example, but that's not what this issue is.)

What I noticed was as I was explaining/complaining to a friend over the phone, I yelled and forced air really hard from my chest.  It stopped the issue immediately.  I had also been squeezing my neck at the time.

I think it's 'trapped gas'.  I'm having a lot of GI issues, and I have issues with trapped gas all over my body.  

I think the breathing exercises are an excellent idea.  I'm thinking that colonics or home enema treatments could help the congestion whether caused by gas or mucus, from cold/flu/viral infection.  Our body needs to eliminate toxins.  Breathing exercises are excellent for eliminating toxins.  So are colonics.  So just as an fyi.  

Meantime, try massaging your neck muscles.  Look up on YouTube for self lymph massage techniques.

Best health to you all.
Trish