Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Ruptured Ear Medications during pregnancy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ruptured Ear Medications during pregnancy

I was diagnosed with a small perforation in my ear during a sinus infection that continued for about 2 weeks.  I am 21 weeks pregnant yet I was prescribed AMOX-TR-K CLV 875-125 MG along with Ofloxacin ear drops. I am very concerned about the effects of taking these antibiotics during pregnancy and wonder if I should discontinue use and wait and see if the perforation heals on its own.  Nevertheless, the antibiotics have made me feel much better.  Is this a sign that there was infection present?  If so, is it safe to continue the use of these antibiotics?  The warning labels are very scary.  Thanks for your time.