Ear, Nose and Throat Expert Forum
Throat question
About This Forum:

Questions in the Ear, Nose and Throat expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Discussions should relate to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Throat question

You know the "lump in your thoat" feeling when you're fighting off crying? I've had that feeling now for a over the last 10 days. It feels like I need to wash down some food stuck in my thoat. A mild constriction and lump feeling on the inside of the throat, within and underneath what I imagine would be the adam's apple or base of my throat. It's very different from a sore or hoarse throat and it doesn't hurt to swallow, it's just a very awkward feeling. The last cold I had was last year, I have no cough, and I haven't been taking any medications. This began about 10 days ago, shortly after doing ab machine exercise. I can sometimes slightly strain my neck muscles when doing my workout, but it's very slight. I also have back pains that often times make me sleep sitting up slightly so that my chin rests on my chest. I've had no history of acid reflux or heartburn and eat a healthy diet. Any ideas on what this could be?