Ear Disorders Expert Forum
Bumps behind the Ear with inner ear pain and deafness.

Questions in the Ear Disorders forum are answered by Dr. Eric Wilkinson. Topics include acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors, hearing loss, cochlear implants, stapes surgery, eardrum repair, chronic ear infection, facial nerve problems, childhood deafness, vertigo, balance disorders, and tinnitus.

Hi My name is Patricia,
Im 22 and had my tonsiectomy last year as I had always suffered with throat infections. As a child I would have suffered alot with ear infections but that went away. Even before the tonsilectomy i have had trouble with my left ear and now I find that noses are echoed rather than being just clear. I find that I can clear it a little on occasions by holding my nose and blowing although I dont know whether this is such a good idea. I am also worried as it is affecting my balance.
What do you reccomend I do?
Thanks A Mill,
Trish
Hi Patricia, you are describing some symptoms of patulous Eustachian tube or Eustachian tube dysfunction..  See an ENT physician for evaluation and treatment.  They can examine you and do a hearing test to determine the cause.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical
advice - the information presented is for patients education only.
Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your
individual case.
patricia,i had patients suffering from what you are suffering.after trying all we could do here,it did not work.but after i contacted one of my colleagues who is carrying out his  reseach on horney oil in africa,most of my patients were treated.so,i will like you to contact him.explain your problem to him.use ndi8423 at gmail *******.good luck.