Eating Disorders Expert Forum
ANXIETY MAKES ME EAT AND I CANT STOP

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

ANXIETY MAKES ME EAT AND I CANT STOP

HOW CAN I STOP ? I GET CRAVINGS OF CHOCOLATE AND FOOD WITH ANXIETY.I CAN SOMETIMES EAT HALF A POUND TO A POUND OF CHOCOLATE A DAY WHEN I FEEL DOWN OR ANXIOUS.I NEED HELP . I DONT WANT TO GET DIABETES OR ANYTHING ELSE .I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AROUND125 TO 130 POUNDS OF BODY WIEGHT.BUT NOW IM ABOUT 160 POUNDS AND THAT MAKES  ME DEPRESS BUT I CANT STOP HELP.HELP.PLEASE.HELP
The only program I know that will work for sure is www.shrinkyourself.com.  It is a program I developed and we are getting spectacular results.  Once you start using chocolate  as your anti anxiety medicine, you are addicted, and you will have to do the hard work of digging into your emotions and learning better ways of dealing with them..that's what we help you learn.  You can also go to a private therapist instead, but if you do, pick one who understands this addiction.
Hi Kittylove,

I used to have exactly the same little demon.  The only thing that has helped me (just sharing my personal experience) was developing a sense of a higher consciousness.  I read many books about this and the ones that have made the most impact have definitely been anything by Eckhart Tolle.  "The Power Of Now" and "A New Earth" are especially enlightening.  I know it sounds esoteric but this issue is a very profoundly spiritual one and it will keep creeping up no matter how much psychotherapy you get (again, from experience).  I am far from reaching complete consciousness, but I have come a very long way.  Living consciously and in a state of alertness and with presence really does help all kinds of psychic pathologies - kinda like waking up from a really bad dream and being really relieved it was just a dream....

Love & Light
Celi