Eating Disorders Community
Binge Eating?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Binge Eating?

About a year ago I would go so long without eating I would vomit. Even when I stopped almost everytime I ate I got vomit. I started taking nexium for awhile and the sickness stopped. I wasn't not eating I was binge eating, I still binge eat. How can I stop this? my stomach hurts all the time and when I eat I always feel sick. I am always tired and have trouble sleeping. I really need help.
To get help you need to find out the reasons behind your starvation and binging periods. Usually, eating disorders are less about food, and more about emotions behind them.

'Something Fishy' is a great website with many answers for all kinds of disordered eating. Finding a good therapist who can help you find out WHY you are doing this is a good step to discovering how to stop these behaviors that are bothering you.

I used to binge eat, and then I became bulimic/anorexic. For me, my eating disorder was an occupation, a way to take time for myself, a way to avoid tasks that I didn't feel capable of doing. In short, my eating disorder was a coping mechanism to deal with issues in life I didn't know how else to deal with. When I started learning effective and healthy ways of dealing with difficult, painful, stressful life situations, the eating disorder (my ineffective and unhealthy coping mechanism) has slowly become a tool I don't need anymore.

Be kind to yourself
I would recommend  a treatment center (but if you have no insurance that would be a problem). Here is another suggestion. Find a very supportive family member/parent or even a school teacher to explain what is happening to you. This is VERY serious and you need to make a decision to ight these ED thoughts and behaviors. Then allow someone you trust (hopefully a parent) to monitor you after meals for up to 2 hours while using the bathroom. I know that this may seem like an invasion of your privacy but it is exactly what is done in $200.00 per day treatment centers to save you life! Also .....remain on "community space" the same amount of time after all meals...around family/friends and keep your mind focused on other things or journal about this experience and triggers. Your doctor may be able to help with medications to calm these triggers but you are ultimately the only one that can fight ED. Tums and gas- X may help after meals with the feeling of fullness but you must 'fight the urges' to purge. They do subside with time. Please be honest with others and get a plan in place daily to help you fight this fight. It may save your life!!!!

I know....I work in an acute treatment faculity and it is not easy to get through, but I've seen miracles...I pray you become one of the miracles.....BELIEVE!...you ARE worth it!