Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Does my friend have an eating disorder and, if so, what type?

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Alright so my best friend is 16 years old and used to be extremely overweight. But about a year ago, she lost about  50lbs and after that has been fluctuating for a while. She is now about 120lbs and 5'6. She rarely eats, and when she does she eats a lot and then
I’m sorry you are going through this with your friend. Although I can’t give you a diagnosis, I can tell you that the behaviors you are describing are very concerning. I want to validate your concerns and steer you away from dismissing them (“maybe I’m just jealous”). It seems like your friend needs professional help. I imagine she doesn’t want to tell her parents but adults need to be involved. All you can do is encourage her to open up to an adult and if this doesn’t happen, you might want to consider letting someone who can help her know. I know this might be difficult for you as it may seem like a betrayal of trust; however, its important to see the difference between safe secrets and dangerous secrets. Your friend’s health and safety is being compromised. Good luck with this matter. I hope you can also find support for you as this is a very difficult matter to be dealing with on your own.  Warmest Regards, Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
Ahh I didn't finish, I'm going to post it again but finish this time.
:) You have not completed the post. give me the link of your full post.