Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Have I an eating disorder or anxiety?

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Have I an eating disorder or anxiety?

Hi I'm worried I may have an ed
Since the birth of my son two yrs ago I had pnd lost a lot of weight my bmi went to 15.9
It's now at 17-17.5 (it was 18/18.5 pre pregnancy) I used to have a good appitite, it's now almost none existent I hardly ever feel hungry I get full so quickly I don't enjoy eating and think sometimes why bother but I know I must deep down, it makes me feel anxious when I've not eaten well as I worry about losing more weight again I don't want to! I'd like to put on half a stone which I think would give me a bmi of 18.5-19 (I've never been more than that used to be bmi 18) I find myself worrying and feeling anxious that I'm not eating but can't seem to eat when I'm not hungry, I've tried snacking but that was worse as I'd be too full for meals! Some days I skip a meal as I just don't feel hungry, if I'm hungry I will eat whatever I fancy but rarely have stuff like chips, crisps, cake ect I prefer less processed eg soups protein fish eggs beef hummus bread oats fruit and veg etc, I've switched to full fat milk and yoghurts but don't like nuts
I also count calories but not to keep them low only to keep tabs eg if I counted I'd had 600 I'd panic and try eat more but if its over 1000/1200 I'd also panic!! But not because i dont want to gain weight cos i do!!!But I don't really count properly just estimate and its probably a lot under estimate as I "forget things like milk in tea, half a biscuit, few grapes etc...  What is wrong with me!!
I’m sorry you are going through this- it sounds like you are having a really hard time! I see that you are trying all that you can to figure this out. Unfortunately, it’s impossible for me to diagnose you without a full assessment. My first suggestion would be to see your primary physician to rule out any possible underlying medical issues. Secondly, I would suggest that you meet with a therapist in your area so that they may do a full assessment to determine what kind of support you may need. They may also refer you to work with a dietitian to determine your nutritional needs. You don’t have to go through this alone. Please seek out help as soon as you can. Warmest Regards, Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA
Anyone?
I all time feel hungry! Losing wight is a great sign. You are a mom and for your better health you should take regular healthy food, You can take vitamins to increase to taste of your mouth and to feel hungry.