Eating Disorders Community
I CANT EAT!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

I CANT EAT!

Why don't i have an appetite and not eat for days at a time? I have gone under a large amount of stress and depression in the last 6 months and therefore think that may be the problem. I havnt spoken to my mother about it because I just moved in with her and do not have a close relationship with her to the point where i am comfortable to speak with her. I am not losing weight though, probley from lack of exercise. I am 5'11 - 6' ft and weigh 145.5lbs. Can anyone please help?
Is my only choice to see a doctor? I was hoping on something that could temporarily boost my appetite until I overcome it by myself. There are also a few other things that may be causing this that I do not wish to post.
This also applies to me drinking liquids. EVEN WATER!
Hey! I am really glad you posted! I have struggled with eating disorders for 9 years on and off. When you stop eating for a while your stomach shrinks and you stop feeling hunger, then when you do eat, you feel full and miserable. Try eating small meals every few hours... just a little bit at a time. Tell yourself that it is okay to feed yourself, your body needs food to keep running. It will not make you fat! I do not know what your other issues are but they may be playing a key role in this too. What are you thinking when you think about food and eating? Does it scare you. A Doctor may try and put you on medication to change your perspective of food. This really helped me start eating again but everyone is different. You've taken the first step to getting help! Keep posting and talking to people!
What did your doctor give you to try to change your v iew of food?  Was it antidepressants?  

I am not really afraid of foods but Im affraid of how they may make me gain weight.  Can your medication help me with that?

Please post me,

Marlane
I too can go all day without eating and not even notice or feel hungry. I have been secretly battling anorexia since I was 14. It started when my mom's ex was abusive mentally. I retrained myself on how to eat healthy and have only noticed that it comes out when I am stressed. My mom took me to the doctor and I was diagnosed with Stress-Induced Anorexia. To my family and doctor I have overcome it, but definately have not. Most days my boyfriend has to ask me if I've ate that day and when I tell him no he makes me eat. I feel disgustly full after about 3 bites and have no desire for food. Yesterday I didn't eat at all until 8:00 pm and only had a few chicken nuggets and potatoes....I have 2 kids and weigh in at 117. I'm only 5'4' inches with a BMI of 19.7 which is healthy.. About a month and a half ago I was well over 130 lbs.......My weight is still going down and fast.. I am on antidepressants and the only thing they do is keep my cravings for cigarettes away. I was using them to curve my appettite...I guess I just need someone to talk to.. I'm afraid to clue my boyfriend in on this even though he has asked questions about my recent weight lose .
i got sick a week ago and now that im feeling better i still cant seem to eat just tryin makes my tummy turnn and do flips. should i seek a doctor?