Eating Disorders Community
Mutual support? Bulimia

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Mutual support? Bulimia

I have been suffering from bulimia for a long time now, and I have had no-one to speak to about it to that fully understands, or is going through the same situation. If I tell someone, they don't give me the support I need, they tell me to go see a doctor, but it's not as easy as they make it out to be. They just take it as a joke, that I can stop at any time. So I would really like a support buddy - whether it's someone who has been through it, recovering or going through it now.

This is my first time on any fourms about this - so kind responses would help. Also welcome to any advice, it would be much appreciated.
Hi! You are not alone! So fret not, i've been a bulimic and anorexic since i was 17 (that was 5 years back). And i wouldnt say i've recovered, but it helps if you talk about it to people you care about. Start off with your family or your partner. None understood that my main concern was my family- my dad used to keep telling me that i was fat and no one would want me - as they are my center. Now i have a boyfriend, who didnt understand as well. But he made the effort and helped me.through by reading up and gathering information. And i've been improving :)

just so you know, i vomit everything i eat, chew and spit if i have to, not ingest any.food for a week straight. All that and by myself. Now i still do all these, but on a smaller scale. I eat now! So cheer up and.talk to someone you know.
Hey ive been gaving troubles witb the same thing for about 7 years and i am now pregnant with my second and i havent told anyone but my fiance and he doesnt seem to really understand, i understand how hard it would be to go to a doctor i dont think i could do it and dont think it would really help anyways, i got it more under control since finding out im preggo with this ine but its still hard especially since i am starting to put on baby weight. i understand how hard and fruatrating it can be. I would love to never do it again!
oh, thats so terrible! i dont have that problem, but i'd love to listen if any of you just need to talk. I think that this is something difficult to deal with, and i definately know how it feels to be unable to talk to anyone about anything. I think that if this starts affecting your health, no matter how afraid you may be, you should talk to a doctor. because no matter who you are, your life is far more important than a moments fear. i know that its something difficult to deal with, trust me on that. i have my share of problems. but i think you must be wonderful people.