Eating Disorders Community
Not Eating.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Not Eating.

Hi i'm 14 and i only eat once a day because if i eat more than once i will feel sick somtimes i will be physically sick but i'm not sure anymore. Do i have an eating disorder?
It's hard to tell from what you write whether you have an eating disorder or something medical going on. Do you worry a lot about gaining weight? If you are throwing up without making yourself do it (or feeling nauseated) when you eat, you should probably get checked out by a doctor. If he doesn't find anything wrong and you are worried about your weight a lot and don't eat enough, then you might ask the doctor for a referral to someone experienced with eating disorders. Eating disorders are no fun at all and they only get worse. But the good news is that at your age you could get better with a little help because it hasn't been going on too long.
Thanks :) but i can't eat lol because if i do then i will feel sick and its the wourst feeling ever. I hate eating and i'm not worried about my weight or gaining any i just hate food alot, when people eat infront of me i will be sick. :(
I know this is an older post, but I have some insight!
When I was 11 years old I couldn't eat because I felt sick and nauseated every time I tried. It took me over an hour to eat a stick of celery and I couldn't finish it. I was becoming very weak and shaky and scared. I learned that it was from anxiety. I have panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and bipolar. my  anxiety shut down my digestive system causing me to feel sick when I ate...and the lack of food made my anxiety worse and made me sicker.

it didn't feel like anxiety at the time, but I now know, that's what it was. anxiety causes a LOT of physical pain and sickness symptoms.