Eating Disorders Community
Struggling with food/eating

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

Struggling with food/eating

I'm almost 18, 5'5" and 123lbs. I've been having a lot of troubles with my eating. My mom makes good and relatively healthy meals. I usually can't get myself to eat a lot and I don't know why. I am a very picky eater, the most picky I've ever been, and it bothers me. Pastas make me throw up and I'm allergic to nectarines. I eat breakfast and by lunchtime I'm very hungry but when I go to eat I can't get my self to want to eat anything even though I'm hungry. Supper is my favorite meal and when I'm most hungry (sometimes because I eat a very light lunch) but I still have a lot of trouble getting myself to eat the food. I want to eat healthier and more food (my boyfriends worried I don't eat enough) without loosing my appetite or not want to eat the good food infront of me. I also have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and I think this has an effect on it which causes me to pass out sometimes. Any advice would be appreciated!
Hi!
One possibility is severe acidity. This causes hunger pangs but makes you lose appetite when you start eating. So take antacid gels thrice a day and see if it helps. You could also be having food allergies. You may be a picky eater, and you need to have a strong will power to eat. You can start by eating what you like and slowly move to healthier food options. Also, you may be suffering from an eating disorder. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks, I really hope it's something simple and no eating disorders, they freak me out!