Throwing up food all the time after eating
A good friend of mine finds that when she eats a meal, like an average sized thing, like a cake, any kind of cake, that general size of a cake. Anyway she finds when she does that, she involuntarily throws up. She only told me this recently, I did wonder why shes been losing weight. Apparantly it could threaten her life, and her ability to have children. Shes cut down on eating in general, a lot. I'm really worried about her. She is kind of ashamed about it, that much i do know. After we talked about it, she wanted to change the subject. and that i was 'no help' with any information. She didn;t ask me a question though.
She's not a big person, but she used to be a healthy weight, now shes lost most of her weight, shes 48kg now. Which doesn't sound good to me. What does she have exactly? And How can i help her overcome it?
it sounds like your friend has a mixture of anorexica and bulimia. It is life threatening, especially since she's lost like half her wieght.
Try to get your friend to talk to a counselor or to somebody who can help her get help for her problem. If she does have an eating disorder, the sooner she gets help the better. Tell your friend you are really worried about her and that talking to someone could be really helpful for her.
You need to get clarification as to whether your friend is in fact throwing up "involuntarily". It's important for her to rule out a medical cause for the problem before assuming it is, in fact, an eating disorder. Then once that is clear, if she is in fact throwing up and restricting her intake due to an eating disorder I agree with the others that she needs to seek help. First off, she needs to decide if she needs help, because I can't help but notice that is her friend and not her that is posting here!
Yeah its involuntarily. And as far as help goes, she told me, and seemed to want my help, but she is embarassed about it, i doubt anyone outside her house knows about it, if they even know about it.
Perhaps, since she came to you for help, she will let you go with her to see a doctor. Uncontrolled vomiting can be symptomatic of a serious medical problem, AND it can itself cause severe medical problems. Not something to ignore.
Yeah, i know. That's why i wanted to find out as much as i could. Cause she hasn't spoken to me since, she told me to forget about it, hard to forget something as serious as this. But after the weekend ill have a serious chat with her.