Eating Disorders Expert Forum
emotional eater

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

emotional eater

Are there medications that I can take to help stop the emotional eating... I am seeking help but is there something I can take now to help me get a head start?

Thank you,

fatjay
       The only medications that will help you with emotional eating are those that deal with the anxiety tension in your life, so ask your doctor about klonopin at low doses to take for a few weeks while you get on top of the emotional issues  that challenge you. You can get more information re  stopping emotional eating from my website.
yes it is helpfull
I never really notice that I was an emotional eater until recently upon reading some of the comments on this site.  Your reply to "fatjay" helped me as well.  I never knew that there were meds out that could help with this.  Where are you located?  I live in Mt. Holly, NC do you know of any doctors around this area....if you are not?

Any information you can give is appreciated!