Eating Disorders Community
i think im addicted to food

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

i think im addicted to food

Hi all I've been strufgling with my weight since I was 17. I'm now 27 and weigh 18.8 stone and I'm 5'8. Yes quite big! I think about eating all day, I eat when I'm not hungry, when I'm upset. Basically I Just eat. I'm so ashamed of my body. My relationship is being affected as I have lost my confidence. I have a 23 month old daughter. I don't want to die young because I'm fat. I really need some help......
Hi!
First of all, consult a doctor to find out whether you have diabetes, hypothyroidism, anemia or other problems that is causing you to gain weight. Since you appear to eat several times in a day, keep a diary and note what you are eating. If you feel you cannot do this honestly, ask a friend to do this for you. This will tell you what you eat and remind you not to eat. You can set up alarms in your phone, laptop etc and only eat when the alarm goes. You could ask your friend to check on you. You need to change your lifestyle and keep healthy snacks at home. Take yup yoga, listening to music, doing deep breathing exercises etc to keep yourself calm. Take up any aerobic exercise of your choice. Apart from this, you need to undergo constant counseling. You may also need medications so, please consult a doctor specializing in eating disorders. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Well after thinking I could do it myself I'm back a year later the same fatty person. I really want some help.
Wow, I am exactly facing the same issue since last four years. I have blown up like crazy and think about food and my weight all the time. Though I realize i am destroying my health I still cannot stop eating junk food every time I experience extreme emotions, whether happiness or sadness does not matter, I always try to deal with it with food. Don't know how I got into this maze of torment.