Donor eggs/ embryos
Could one of you ladies point me in the best direction of learning and getting info about donor embryos. If I understand correctly donor embryos are more affordable. I'm nearing the end of my 4th IVF cycle which appears to be doomed. I would like to spend my time investigating an option that I hopefully can afford after 9 gyn surgeries and 10 yrs of ttc. I'm in California and have requested info from California concepts already.
Any personal info you feel like sharing is much appreciated.
Best wishes to everyone
hey ginger77, I'm not sure about in the us, but I'm in aussie and even though we already have children I would like another, I have been keeping an eye on your struggles :(  I was contemplating either D egg or D embryo and its practically usless over here so we are off to athens for a D egg cycle in may next year, they also do D embryo and its around $3000 of course you have the flights etc, but accomodation is quite cheap, we are going to make a holiday of it... anyway, just a thought if you cant find anything for you where you are :)
I think I would like to go with a D embryos but we are so broke because of the 9 surgeries, 4 ivfs and a bunch of iui's. these D embryos are really "donated" to you? Is there a set amount of them donated? Do you get info on what the bio parents look like?
as far as I'm aware the  "parents"for various reasons decide that they have finished with adding to their families and then let the clinics know that they have permission to give the embryos to other couples, but of course unfortunately we still have to pay for them, I know that calafornian conceptions, try and matchj up as best they can, but I also know they have just had a price increase as of october/nov this year its got from about $9000 to around $12000, but I think that gives you 3 tries, but dont quote me on that..mvh used donor embryos I thnk and in the usa so she would be a great one to ask about where she went to also plumber43 did the DE route and I think with her price she got 6 frozen eggs, I'll be paying $5500 for all fresh eggs retrieved in the one cycle, I would think that each clinic and each country would have different protocols on whether they do an indepth match or if its just a more basic match, ie ethanticity etc, so maybe send mvh and plumber a message and wait for california conceptions to get back to you as well, the one good thing is that if you do choose to go o/s for D embryo, your hubby doesent have to come so it would just be your airfare etc plus the cost of embryo :)
mhv  sorry :)
Thanks for the info Stacey. Can you have the FET at your own clinic or do they require you to see one of their RE's? I wonder if there is a database type thing where you could search for what you were interested instead of going from place to place. I don't mean to sound so selective since these are donated embryos and I get that and appreciate it greatly. We don't plan on telling our families, they would NEVER understand. With the DS we have had to choose three times we had to be very selective for this reason. I would be greatful to just have a healthy baby. Nobody has dealt with IF in our family or even had a hard time getting pregnant. I'm such the black sheep.
I am a donor in California and have worked with an amazing agency called Surrogate Alternatives. They provide you with a full database of donors and their profiles with family health information and a questionnaire about the donor. They are located in Southern California, Chula Vista specifically. They also work with a great doctor named Dr. Sahakian who is in Los Angeles. I believe he has a 100% guarantee on a pregnancy or you are reimbursed for some or all of your spending a (so I've heard). You can call SAI or email someone from their website- surrogatealternatives.com
If you call you can ask for Ann, I've been working with her for almost 5 years and she has been very helpful. Good luck with your journey!
-Carley
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
desderius valencia etuna was born on ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Aug 17
mhv commented on renae176's status
Aug 11