432?1254497677
Egg Donor Recipients User Group
Egg donation vs Embryo donation
About This Group:

This community was created to answer questions about the egg donation process. What happens during an egg donor cycle. Drugs used during the process. Protocols. Where you can go to cycle. Costs associated with that. Information about disclosure.

Founded by pvedmom on October 2, 2009
72 members

Egg donation vs Embryo donation

Can anyone tell me if egg or embryo donation typically has better results? I recently went thru my 4th ivf ICSI cycle with PGD and I can't help but think the reason my beautiful blasts didnt make it was because they were weakened by the PGD process. I am going to be 38 in a couple months and I would be accepted into a prepaid ivf plan before I turn 38 but I don't see the good of that if most of my embryos are genetically abnormal and the three I did have were damaged by PGD. The other 2 normal ones didnt survive well enough to freeze. We use donor sperm so it really makes no difference to me wether its an egg or embryo we have donated to us. I just want to choose the one with the best odds.
Thank you for your reply
Ginger
there are a number of things that would factor into it, such as wether you had fresh/frozen eggs and or embryo's, some people have frozen eggs and have a positive outcome while others dont and the same with fresh eggs, some do and some dont, and I would also say the same regarding fresh or frozen embryos, I really think you just have to go by which your feeling is the right way for you and what your financially able to afford, as depending on where you choose to go for either, the costs would be different, I now for us, fresh donor eggs will cost us around $5500 and they aim to get from between 6-12 eggs, while donor embryos are around $3-4000, but I'm not sure how many you would  get for that,and unfortunately there is no gurantee it will work either way ...
Stacey thank you! Since I posted this I had different ideas pop into my pea brain and you know what I've ended up deciding already. If I had to go back to these choices I was leaning on frozen embryos. DH and my concern with these are them not being screened genetically. I know the risks are less with younger parents producing these embryos but DH really wants to avoid any risk for genetic abnormalities. Thank you for answering my question.
journey2motherhood My aunt's biopsy came back ... Comment
journey2motherhood commented on Moma_Cher's status
Sep 15
mhv commented on photo
Sep 15