Caregiver
Im a personal caregiver of my husband who is is the final stages of this horrible diesease -what should i be looking for ? he does not want to go to the hospital until its time - I have been keeping track of his blood oxygen levels when he first wakes up his levels are at 72 an hour later he's up to 92
I know the basics on checking his lips for color and swelling of the feet
Just looking for ant support i can get
Thank you very much
DeAnna McDonald
I am curious about his blood oxygen levels. Are they low while he is asleep? If so, would it be advisable to increase oxygen during the night? What would his pulmonologist say about this? I suffer from the same illness, although not as advanced. I wanted to get off oxygen at night since my levels automaticaly went up when I slept, but my doctor said it was important to keep the oxygen at a relatively high level during sleep.

As you your care for your husband you seem to be doing very well. What might be good for you is to have someone stay with him for a few hours here and there so that you can go out and spend time on yourself.