Emphysema Community
emphysema
About This Community:

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

emphysema

is the advair diskus 500/50 the equivalent to the advair hfa 115/21?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
That I don't know, but most doctors have discontinued using Advair 500/50 and even the lesser strengths can cause serious problems. The FDA issued a warning last February concerning steroid inhalers. It stated, in brief, that they were to be used only when nothing else worked, and even then for only short periods of time.
Blank
What?!!  OMG my doctor just prescribed this stupid crap to me!!!  WTF?  I'm seriously ticked right now!!  I can't believe I just came upon this!!  Thanks!!
Blank
No Advair 115 HFA is not equivalent to 500/50. when in doubt always ask your pharmacist or read the package insert/prescribing info online which will give you the equivalent.  
and
that's not what the FDA said about inhaled steroids - by saying "in short" you made a very scary generalization and you missed the fact that the guidance from the FDA was for ASTHMA patients not COPD patients- much different disease.  ALSO Advair is not just an inhaled steroid, it's a combination product that includes a bronchdilator - to summarize it's not crap as a matter of fact it saves lives. You can look up the studies on www.pubmed.com. Find an MD you trust by asking friends and family
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Emphysema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank