Endometriosis Community
Endometriosis Specialist/Surgeon in Washington DC area?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Hi - This is my first time posting, but I am certain that I have endometriosis. I have so many of the symptoms (pelvic, lower back and abdominal pain, bowel/gastro issues, horrible cramps, etc.). I am 39, but believe that BCP's helped suppress some of my symptoms for years until I had my last child (I was diagnosed about 10 years ago with IBS). I decided to get off BCPs and since, have been feeling awful. I am back on the pill (continuous Mircette), but still do not feel well. I would love to find an endo specialist/surgeon in the Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia area to get the endo excised. I am tired of feeling so awful. I would love to travel to a specialty center, but I have 3 young children and a part-time job. Thank you so much!!
Kathy
Avatar n tn
To find one near you, I would recommend contacting the endometriosis association and ask them for a endo specialist or reproductive endocrinologist near you:
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/
(Their contact info is on the bottom of their homepage)

I hope this helps,

achilles2
Run do not walk to dr tamer Seckin in NYC.   He us the best if the best.    Dc does not have any reputable specisidts in the excision of endo.  Neither foes Md or va.  
Thanks to you both. I have heard of Dr. Seckin and of course how wonderful he is. I also contacted the Center for Endometriosis Care in Atlanta. I would probably end up staying in either place for about a week and am thinking Atlanta would be less expensive (depending on how much flights cost). Not happy that DC does not have a true endo specialist!! Thanks again - if there are any other suggestions, I am very open to them!!