Endometriosis Community
Endometriosis and mirena?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endometriosis and mirena?

So iv had my mirena for 7 months now.
I had a lap operation in june, for the insertion, and i had alot of endo removed. it was everywhere.
The doctors said i t was one of the worst cases they have ever seen
Im only 19 years old, and when i first got the mirena i had my period for a good 4 months and then spotting.
I had pains a tiny bit every day.
But all of a sudden yesterday they hit me bad, it was like the pains i used to get before i had the operation.
Its all in my uterus and im back and down the front of my legs. ( the pain)
I also got diagnosed with PCOS  the other day to, ehh.
So yeah,  guess im just wondering if my endo is coming back and if ill need another operation again?

Thanks :)
It could be the scar tissue that is causing pain. I too have Stage IV endo and the Mirena I have been told is the best for deep implants. I cant take it as I have had PID before and it could cause an infection and I could get the PID again.

It could be the PCOS as well that could be causing pain.

I would go back to your doctor anyways just to make sure.
I have stage IV endo.  I was diagnosed at 25 by a fertility specialist.  I have had to different surgeries to remove the scar tissue, endo & cyst.  I was not successful with the fertility treatments and we moved forward with adoption as our option for our family. Seven yrs ago I went to my gyno and asked for a hysterectomy.  He then recommended the IUD, which at the time was still a trial for treating women with endo. I had terrible pain & bleeding for 6 months after the IUD was inserted and then it went away.  The IUD does cause ovarian cyst, which is probably alot of the pain you are experiencing right now.  You do need to follow up with your physician so they can monitor them.  I had two large cysts that we monitored with (ovarian cyst is on the list as a initial side effect that will go away) ultrasound every few weeks until they went away on their own.  I am now in my 2nd year with my 2nd IUD and it has been totally worth it.  However, there is some scarry info about IUD's and menapause but with stage IV endo I think like most women we are excited to hit that mark.  I may move forward with a hysterectomy, now that i'm 39.