Endometriosis Community
Endometriosis solutions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endometriosis solutions

I am 25 with endometriosis that I've had severely since my first period at age 12. I was diagnosed with endo at age 14, with what my doctor described as "microscopic" cysts that cannot be surgically removed, only flushed. I've tried birth control which hasn't ever really worked, and at 19 I had the temporary menopause solution which turned out to be the worst 3 months of my life. This shot marginally weakened my pain for two years, but it came back with a vengeance, and I don't consider menopause to be a solution I could put myself through again. I've recently gone to a specialist who put me on a specific birth control to skip my periods and weaken the pain, but after two weeks, she called me to permanently take me off the pill as it could directly affect the migraine issues that I've also been going through lately.

So pills are out, surgery is out, and as a personal decision menopause is also out. I have become very frightened recently as I've learned that my body is becoming immune to my single dosage of vicodin once per month. This past Monday I was found in shock on the bathroom at my job by a co worker. The humiliation I felt was nothing compared to the pain, but I have run out of ideas and apparently so have the doctors. I don't know how this is going to play out as it seems to be progressing. I am going to try the diet that I've seen in a few postings, but is there anyone else that can tell me how they've overcome their endo, specifically with micro cysts?
Before I was diagnosed with Endo I had the most painful Migraines ever. Once on the pill I have had one in 6yrs. Mine were definitely hormone related.

I think you need a second opinion from what I have heard. An Endometriosis Specialist.

I have never heard of Microscopic cysts not being removed and only flushed. I dont get it. If you had surgery and it was when you were 14 there is a strong possibility that the endo has spread you need another lap done with a specialist that knows the disease
I appreciate your response! I will be seeking out another specialist.