PLEASE HELP ASAP! Does tying tubes tubes increase ivf rates.
I am 26 and scheduled for a laparoscopy on Thursday. Met with my doctor today, and he told me that he suspects that I have a tubal problem. He also said that there is a possibility that he may tie off the tubes, and this has been shown in some case to increase ivf pregnancy rates. (Depending on what he finds) I have had 3 failed ivfs, good egg quality, and 2 tests done that show tubes are open. (Although I did have to turn on my side during one test for the dye to go through.) I feel uneasy about the idea of him tying off my tubes at the end. That means the only way I will ever get pregnant is through IVF! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Surgery is in 3 days and I don't know what to do...

So sorry you're going through this.  I dont know much about IVF but I don't understand AT ALL how tying off your tubes (problem with the tubes or not) would help increase your chance at conceiving through IVF.  The whole point of IVF is taking your egg, his sperm and putting it in YOUR UTERUS, nothing to do with the tubes.  Are you having the laparoscopy because of the problem with the tubes?  That sounds right but I'm really confused about the part of doing it to up your chances through IVF.  I had to turn on my side during the dye test too and mine was perfectly normaly.  I had laparoscopy done on June 25th of this year but that was because I had endometriosis, a cyst on my fallopian tube and a polyp in the middle of my uterus.  I'd get a second opinion. Don't go through with it if you're not completely comfortable and sure of this decision. You're right, I mean they can go back in there and try to reverse it but still, you have lesser chance than you do now at falling pregnant if you did!!   Good luck with everything.  Please let me know how you're doing and what you decide.  You do what you feel is best FOR YOU..it's YOUR Decision in the end, not theirs!!!   Take Care! :)
Thanks so much for your response. This is helpful. I am leaning toward not going through with the laparoscopy. My husband and I will meet with him on tomorrow to further go over things.
You're welcome and just checking in to see how things went??  I hope everything is okay!!
Hey, Thanks for checking on me. We ended up speaking to my doc for over an hour.. He actually suggested that we wait to have surgery and do another HSG to see if my tubes are still open. He expected that I would have a hydrosalpinx.. We showed up for the test Thursday AM. Prayed. The test showed a normal anatomy of the tubes, uterus, and ovaries.. I am so excited. MY TUBES ARE OPEN and no HYDRO! The doctor was shocked. So now all we have to do is decide when we want to do IVF again.