Endometriosis Community
Removal of endometriosis & cyst & ttc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Removal of endometriosis & cyst & ttc

Had removal of endo & cyst on rt ovary on Feb.18 and then started period on Feb. 20 ! When I went to my follow up appt with dr. on March 4 he told me that there was no reason I couldnt get pregnant that I should ovulate soon so go on home and start trying and that he would hopefully see me back within 3 months!! My period was due to start on or around March 20 ! Well my period didn't start as i thought it would on March 20 so the next morning I took a hpt and got neg results !! On March 23 & 24 I started having abd cramps thinking I was fixing to start but still no sign of period!!!! As of today March 25 still no period!!!! I also have been getting really bad headaches and some nausea ! Could I have tested to early ?? Been married 15 years with one pregnancy that ended in a misscarriage when I was 5 wks & 5 days and thats been 6 years ago ! I also have PCOS ! Hubby & I really are hoping I'm pregnant !! Could I just be stressing and thats why I havent started yet ??? PLEASE HELP
I would say some of it could be stress for sure. I am surprised they allowed you to start trying right away as I was told not to have sex until the post op and that is 6 weeks. It gives time for the body to heal inside etc. As for the periods I am not sure as I didnt have much bleeding on my last surgery at all but I am also on the bcp continuously.

The headaches and nausea sound hormonal to me.

I am so bad when it comes to the understanding the pregnancy and ovulation so I really hope that someone with more experience will come along soon to help you out
My dr said no sex for one week after surgery ! We waited two weeks !! Well its now March 29 and I still haven't started my period ! Just wish I knew why ? Don't know if I need to call my dr or not ??? What do you think I should do?
Do you have a follow up appointment scheduled? I can't believe that is all the time they told you to wait that is crazy!!! :)

Can you take a home pregnancy test?
Had surgery Feb 18 and seen dr 2 weeks later on March 4 for the follow up appt. He told me then that he didn't need to see me for 6 months unless I was to get pregnant then he was hoping to see me with-in 3 months ! I've taken one hpt and that was one week ago that showed neg. so I took another this morning and it showed nothing at all on both places so I guess it was invaild ??? I'll have to buy another test tonight after work and test again tomorrow morning !
That is odd. I would get another one to see what happens. I can't see it coming up blank in both sections that really is weird
Went last night and bought another test and took it this morning and it also showed neg. So I guess I need to call my dr and find out why I haven't started yet ! Maybe he'll do a blood test ?? Whats weird is before I had surgery my periods had been regular for over a year ! I have taken provera to bring on my period in the past so I'm thinking thats maybe what he'll give me ! I may even ask him to give me a Rx for clomid, cause he mentioned it when I was at my follow up appt ! I appreciate you listening to me ! Thank you so much :)
Sorry I told you wrong I took the test last night. When I got home from work tonight I was emptying the trash in the bathroom and hubby told me to look at the test I took yesterday morning it was the one I thought was invaild ! I looked at it and it has a very faint line on the left and a dark blue line on the right !! What do you think ??? But the one I took last night still shows neg ??? 'm soooo confused now !!!!! Last time I was pregnant the same thing happened..... the poss. line was really really faint you could bairly see it !  I ended up having a misscarriage though ??
hmmm I would get a blood test done to be sure. However if this one was negative I would say it might be. Maybe wait another week and try it again before going in to the doctors?
Finally started my period on April 7th !
urgh not sure why it just I that. Good to know all is good