Endometriosis Community
Scare of lupron

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Scare of lupron

Lupronexposed.com-----All horror stories of the side effects of lupron.  I ran into a old friend today, and she in facy told me NOT to take lupron, she said it was the worst pain she has ever been through, and she was seeing the same doc I am right now.  She ended going to 2 different clinics, one in Maine and Georgia to be treated for ENDO.  I have stage 3 endo and doc wants me to be on lupron for 3 months, she also said my chances of conceiving are pretty good without IVF.   I keep reading poeple having terrible joint pain, and gain lots of weight.  Anyone have anything good to say about this?  I am scared of what could be.   Thanks
Thank you for your reply.  If the endo grows back, instead of lupron wouldnt it be easier to be on birth control?  Are you tcc on your own or through iui/ivf?   If i were to decline having the shot, what would be my next step?  my lap was done april 3rd,so i have about 1 week and half to make my decision.  anything u could recommend?
I was definitely scared about going on Lupron as well after the horror stories I have read, so I thought I should post something positive about it.  I was diagnosed with stage 2 endo and was put on Lupron for 6 months (once a month injections).  The advice I would give any women who are considering this is to take the add-back pill.  The only side effects I had were weight gain, and headaches.  I did not have any hot flashes, joint pain, night sweats, periods, cramping or anything. If I was able to take it again I would! After this I was put on Ortho Evra to not get periods, but soon hopefully will be trying to get pregnant.  I was really scared too about taking it, but decided it was best after talking with a couple of doctors and that this would most likely increase my chances of getting pregnant... hopefully!
Hi I'm on Lupron right now, and I'm due for my 4th injection in the beginning of next month. It has not been that bad. I have had hot flashes, night sweats and a sort of achiness, but its bearable. I'm not on the add-back therapy, either. I have not gained any weight, and I can gain weight very easily and I really have to watch my weight all the time. I was 150 pounds when I started and I still am today. I'm 25, my endo was pretty bad, and we will be trying to conceive as soon as I'm finished with these shots and I get my period back. As far as Lupron being similar to birth control by simply stopping ovulation, its different because the Lupron lowers estrogen which is supposed to help endo in a different way than birth control. So..its a tough decision but good luck!
do you think the input you get from the outside world is random? you have your answer. why do you think you ran into that old friend when you did? going on the endo diet will help you, greatly. i wouldn't be able to get through the day without screaming from endo pain if I hadn't drastically changed my diet.
Hi there.  I was operated last December and the doctor found that the cyst I had was an endometrioma, that comes from endometriosis.  He was able to drain it and did washings, and I was placed on the 3-month Lupron shot.  I read about the side effects and since it takes you into medical menopause, I was also scared, but the doctor told me it would also help me improve my fertility.  I suffered a little headache, night sweats and tiredness, but felt pretty well during the 3 months.  Now I am on my fourth month, after the shot, I have been feeling pretty well.  Not everybody reacts the same way to treatments, and I think it's worth a try.  I got operated and got the lupron to improve my chance to have a kid, since I still wish to do so.  There is a site lupron.dot where you can read about.  Good luck!!

Best wishes,

Neta