Endometriosis Community
endometriosis and possible PCOS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

endometriosis and possible PCOS

I'm 24, will be 25 next month, I was diagnoised with endometriosis when my son was 7 months old in 2009. After he was born I had 2 months of bleeding. Then it went to every other month. Had the lapra done in July 2009 when that was then when I was diagnoised with endometriosis. Afterwards I'd be lucky to have a period once a year. Had to start taking provera every other month just to have a period. My husband and I were trying for baby number 2 in September 2009. In late August 2010, my gyno did an ultrasound since I was in a lot of pain on my left side to find that I had a 2 centi. tumor inside my left ovary, it was non-cancerous luckily and went away on it's own in November 2010. We discussed some of my issues together, ran some tests and found that I am unable to ovulate on my own since I cannot have a period on my own. We've tried a few cycles with Clomid 100mg no luck just miserable side effects, I've already had hot flashes since I became pregnant with my son and never went away and with those meds it was 10 times worse. Was taken off of that and was recommeded fertilityblend for women, took that for almost 4 months no luck. Starting in April after my first cycle began on the 13 thanks to the provera. Well getting to the point now, I started having some weird things happening, my hair is falling out worse than it ever has I can barely touch it without having clobbs of it in my hands, since the beginning of May I've been doing non stop running to the bathroom especially at night, getting really tired, I've gained 6lbs in 3 weeks. My family and friends thought I was pregnant but I kept telling them no and that I know that I'm not and just to clarify it with them I talked to my gyno and he ran a blood test and sure enough negative. I did some research online and it brought up PCOS. I asked my gyno about it and no answer, he said it's all in my head but the symptoms are still all here and I don't know what else to do. I tried to make an appointment to see him but he's booked for the next 3 months. I just want to know if it's possible that I might also have PCOS??
It is possible. I would get a second opinion from another Gyno.  
Thanks, I finally got through to my gyno and have an appointment on the 22nd of this month.
Let me know how it goes.
I will.
Well went to the apptmt. Gyno went through my list of symptoms. He doesn't think that it's PCOS. He just thinks that the reason why I'm having so many of those symptoms is from lack of ovulation since the last time I ovulated was last year in March. He also thinks that I'm in perimenopause since I can't have my AF but once a year with the help of provera. It's too late for me to be able to have one on my own. He prescribed me another ovulation stimulator Femara. Same side effects as Clomid but a lower dose to see if it works and to also get my hormones back on track. So fingers crossed that I don't have the same bad side effects as I did with Clomid 100mg. I will be starting it next month along with the Provera. Same orders. Take provera for 5 days then on cycle day 3 start the femara for 5 days. Hope that it works and that I will be able to conceive second child that we've (my dh and I) been trying for the past 2 yrs.