Endometriosis Community
laprascopic surgery recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

laprascopic surgery recovery

Hi, I just had my lap done yesterday to confirm the diagnosis of endometriosis and the doctor said he removed 2 large areas of endo and burnt off some smaller "paint splatter" spot of endo as my boyfriend described it and I also had a cyst removed.

I was just wondering what has helped you all as far as recovery goes. I'm finding it very difficult to even walk to my bathroom and I feel like I'm walking like an old woman. I know that it will take me a while to feel 100% again but I have to go back to work in a week and my job requires going up and down a lot of steep stairs. Any advice would be amazing.

I am still trying to let the diagnosis sink in which is proving difficult. I am so glad to finally have answers about my pain but it's difficult to process being told I have endo when I'm only 22.

Thank you all in advance for your help and tips. :)
Things will feel a lot better after one week. Once the gas leaves your system so also keep walking around. You should be able to return to work as long as you're not lifting stuff. I took 2 weeks after my first surgery but I was fine after a week. This surgery was done by a skilled Endo specialist and the surgery was 5 hours and extensive.  I took a weeks after my second but I was fine after 3 days not an Endo specialist and not much was done.  Hope that helps.
My surgery wasn't done by an endo specialist as I'm in the Navy so I have to see the navy doctors. I'm trying to move around as much as I can but it is just so difficult and painful. Thank you for the advice!
Oiy. I know a couple who have had to do the same. Let me know after a week if things don't start to get better
Hi Steph,

I recently had a laparoscopic surgery plus a c section done last aug 13 and up to now I am still recovering. I did noticed tho that after a week I felt much better. I really wished that what they did was just the laparoscopic surgery like what was planned but since they did not expect me to have stage 4 endo they had to do c section and open me up to to actually do what they needed done. When the lap stitches starts getting itchy I guess thats when it starts healing so its a good thing. You might ask for another week off if needed since everyone kept saying its different for everyone. I was supposed to be back to work on sept 23 but we'll see how Im feeling by then. Now, the thing that concerns me most is the c section really.
I had my laparoscopic surgery last Aug 25 because I requested the dermoid cysts to be removed before I go back to school...Everything went totally well on the first week until I had stabbing and dull pain on my right side...I had my follow up check up last sept 10 and the OBgyn said the pain might be due to endometriosis...So I am on antibiotics for 10 days but the pain is still there but I can totally walk normally...I guess it takes time to heal... I hope you feel better soon with the pain...