Epilepsy Community
Epilepsy and Impotence

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Epilepsy and Impotence

I would like to know if having epilepsy in men can necessarily cause problems in their sexual relationship.

Hi!  My husband of almost 6 years also has epilepsy and has no problems with ejaclation.  We have only tried twice to get pregnant and we have 2 kids.  First time with both kids.  He is on Lamictal and Levetiracetam (2 types of meds) twice a day.  He had his last seizure a year ago.  I have never heard of any sexual side effects, cause we havent dealt with any, but then again he is italian so that also increases his passion, lol.  I would find out the type of meds he is on and just google it and see what side effects come up!  Good luck!
why nobody did not answer me? I'm asking only for personal experiences. Or a professional opinion. Not usual search results.
Oh, i just see your reply. Thank you. I've read through the searches that bromide may probably have this side effect, but I still don't know what he takes.
He is also Spanish, so .. there must something chemically wrong in his body. ;)
Thanks a lot.
He take these pills, I just found out:
Tegretol 200
Keppra 500
I'm a 32 year old male and I've been suffering from grand mal and partial complex seizures for almost 20 years. I take Keppra and Lamictal, and thought I don't have any problems getting and keeping an erection, I find it almost impossible to ejaculate when I'm with my partner. Even when I masturbate, it takes a lot of time and concentration to achieve orgasm. Frankly, I don't even care anymore, I just hate that it makes the person I'm with think that they are incapable of satisfying me. It has nothing to do with them, and I'm sure your boyfriend's problems have nothing to do with you. I'm currently trying other meds to deal with this problem. The best thing you can do is not pressure him to climax. The less expectation there is, the more likely he is to actually do it. And when he does, it will be great.  
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20
Dalubaba commented on photo
May 11