Aa
A
A
Close

Epilepsy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

1 - 20 (of 2205) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
On oxy for pain and Doc want's to add Feleeril. Problem is there is debate if I have a type of epilepsy or other nerve disorder like MS. My big fear is epilepsy Oxy use to make me shake and bite my tongue but since i been on 200mg Lami...
xLadyMx | Posted
Concussions are becoming a huge problem in sports. There is some thought that concussions can cause seizures. What do you think?
teddybears4ever2 | Last answer
Does anyone know what can cause Dilantin levels to be too low after taking correct dosage? My levels have been around 3.2 and I take the correct dosage my doctor prescribed of 400 MG a day. 200 in the morning and 200 at night. My doctor...
cala2u | Last answer
Hi everyone it's been awhile but i have a problem I've been taking sod 100 mg extended release phenytoin and Phenobarbitial for almost 30 yrs or more and my blood count was always normal now i switched to a new dr and he keeps sending me...
handcrafts | Posted
I am taking 100 mg per day to treat epilepsy. I have not had a seizure since April 2015. The condition is controlled with medication. I want to start ttc, has anyone had any experience of pregnancy whilst taking this particular drug? App...
ocd2302 | Last answer
I am on 200mg of lamictal and am keen to try ipl hair removal. Beautician thinks the lamictal in my system might cause bad side effects such as blistering. Has anyone had experiences with this hair removal treatment whilst taking this med?
Wenchessau | Posted
My son suffered a seizure 8hrs ago. He's 2.5years old. We were having a normal day, and he followed me into the kitchen. If offered him some raspberries and noticed he kept looking up. He was standing, taking steps, but had a daz...
HoarseStallion | Last comment
Hello I have a daughter who is 12 yrs old and we have been experiencing symptoms over the last month and a half. She has what I call seizure like episodes. Every episode starts off with a headache, flushing, nausea, dizziness, dilated pu...
southerncotton25 | Last answer
I have a friend who has been having unexplained seizures for 5+ years and has had great resources and doctor care but no answers. One idea that hasn't been explored yet is whether or not there may be a link between these seizures and las...
Michele1013 | Last answer
I'm hoping that someone can help. I don't have seizures (never have) but have been on topamax for migraine for 8 years. I thought this forum would be the most familiar with this medicine. To try and make a long story short, I had a b...
Pixiangelj | Posted
I had lasik eye surgery and over a year later started having seizures. They started with partial and have since had a couple grand Maule. Can't find any reasons why at 53 would develop this and no family history so searching this avenue.
sandy7280 | Posted
hi i have been taking kepra for 11 years to treat my epilepsy . it has controlled my fits but after 6 months of taking it i started having muscle pains and slight pins and needles/numbnes in my hands and forearms. my gp was no help ...
cardinalsin | Last answer
my sister is 25 year and she is epilaptic since 24years, just she takes phenytoin about 5years so, fore the last 3month prasented her confusion and restelness, hellocination , nervousness, repeated voice ,then she went to private clinic ...
timir625 | Last answer
Hi, My 4 year old son (Karthilk) is mentally retarded and autistic. He was born normal and when he was 11 months old , we noticed that he could not able to sit independently. Then we took him to Suresh Rao Aroor , he took EEG and BAER...
Purushoth | Last answer
703031_tn?1398966907
hey all, a little background here. My daughter, 6, was diagnosed with absence seizures over 4 years ago. We've undergone 2 eegs and an MRI. She's been on Keppra since she was 2 with several increases in dose as she's grown. On Hallowe...
jb41799 | Last answer
I am having some health issues (dry eye) and am wondering if I could consider it being from my epileptic medicine (lamictal) that I started 3 years ago. My eye problems started 1.5 years into starting it. Thoughts?
cclv04 | Last answer
I have a dog with what we believe to be to be epileptic seizures. her vet has prescribed phenomenal, keppra and zomisamide. all of which held her seizures back to one a week. that seems to be as close to controlled as we can get. the...
MrThraz | Posted
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone know's of a link between Aspergers (Autism), Prosopagnosia (face blindness) and Epilepsy? - I believe I have AS (my GP also thinks this) though I'm unable to attain a diagnosis due to lack of diagnosti...
inuit | Last answer
my daughter is 5yrs old she suffers absent attacks which have recently been decreased due to her medications - saying this recently i have placed cctv in her bedroom for the noises i hear at night time she gets in and out of bed unknowin...
smithyuk | Last comment
What is the possibilities of Surgery in Baby to prevent from Seizures & milestone or developments..
amit235 | Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
1415174_tn?1453246703
Blank
mkh9 commented on photo
12 hrs ago
Blank
zahidkapariya commented on photo
13 hrs ago
1415174_tn?1453246703