Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Exhausted, aches, anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Exhausted, aches, anxiety

My husband is having trouble going to sleep at night. When he does he doesnt want to get up, even after 8-10 hours of sleep.  He says he has been having anxiety attacks at work and that his body aches.  Im very concerned because all he does is get up and go to work and has lost all interest in everything else (including our family).  I'm trying to be understanding, but i have no idea what is going on with him.  Please help.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, but I am happy to see that you are here for him ! He is so lucky to have such a supportive and caring wife !

Here is a link to symptoms that CFS and fibro patients experience. Of course unrefreshing sleep, exhaustion and body aches can all go along with CFS. Your husband should also consider getting his thyroid & heart checked out and he needs to have a full work-up. I think he should also ask his physician about sleep apnea.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Symptoms-of-Fibromyalgia-and-CFIDS-ME/show/524?cid=39

Keep us posted if you can !

You probably don't want to hear this, but I would also consider depression.  Lots of times anxiety/panic attacks can go hand-in-hand with depression.  And it's also very possible that EBV or CFS can cause anxiety and so on.  So I agree with PlateletGal; have him go to the doctor, as he/she should be able to find out more in-depth what's causing this.  I wish you both the best!