Aa
A
A
Close

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

1 - 20 (of 1060) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I had mono 27 years ago and now am having similar symptoms that I had then. I went to a urgent care doctor who drew blood and when I got the results no one would tell me what they meant. I have a health background so I believe my EBV h...
CuriousEBV | Posted
Two weeks ago I was tested for several things due to the following symptoms: fatigue and generalized lymphadenopathy that is painful and lasting for 7 weeks (at this point). The only thing I tested positive for was EBV. However, my level...
completellyanxious | Last answer
Has anyone experienced vertigo or other vestibular symptoms as a result of EBV?
dizzyshelly | Last answer
I had an active EBV test in the beginning to middle of feb. of this year. I also had mono in high school which was over 17 years ago, Now I am having pain in my left ankle, with swelling. The swelling gets so bad that it looks like a sof...
AmberAmber4778 | Last answer
My son is 13 years old. A year ago,he started having low iron without any symtoms. Was treated with iron supplements. Then 6 months ago he started feeling tired, weak, headaches and we went for some blood work. Results wereEBV VCA igG 3....
Ima10 | Last answer
3229560_tn?1347041110
14 months of being extremely ill, Dr finally tested me for everything including HIV, it came back positive only for EBV, l have low white cell count, high B12, slightly high pottasium level. I'm not getting better I'm still as sick and t...
LivingDead101 | Last answer
I am a 21 year old female who has never had mononucleosis. 4 weeks ago I had oral sex performed on me by a female who told me 1 week later that she has mono, confirmed by a physician, cannot participate in sports, etc. I was also kissi...
BloodDonor4Life | Last answer
Hi all, Not so much a question, but i want to share my experience with Mono/Glandular Fever so far, as i've found so many helpful posts online during really hard times that helped me feel a little less worried about my symptoms. Up...
aquin | Posted
I have been diagnosed 3 or 4 days ago with epstein barr virus. I have a question, does any of you have experience a pain in the spleen? Did you get any medication for it or just let it be? I didn't go to the doctor as it doesn't hurt as...
Aggie2406 | Posted
does any of yall get swollen lymph nodes and ur throat feels like it has a lump in it?
Cajun39 | Last answer
So I was diagnosis with ebv 2 days ago but I tested negative for mono. So what does it mean? Can I still get mono?
Aggie2406 | Last answer
My 74 year old mother has neuroendocrine carcinoma in her lung and metastatic liver cancer. She was admitted to the emergency room on January 3rd with severe confusion, lack of appetite, severe headache and lack of energy. She has just...
HELPUSintexas | Posted
Hi, my doctor did a test for EBV Ab VCA, IgG - result: 71 (normal range 0-18) she said that means that i had a previous infection, recovered and have the antibodies. However i have many crazy unexplained symptoms, is it possible to...
tris12 | Posted
let me tell u people ive had it for a year now. the symptoms you read about is only a quarter of it. my symptoms include white tonge, painful swollen lymph nodes , skin problems , testical pain , burning in buttocs, leg pain , lower back...
happyguy12 | Last answer
Hi, on september 5th 2014, i did it with a female CSW, was a vaginal insertion, i used condom and was just for a minute or less. I suck her nipples and i drank a little bit of breast milk. No kisses. I was drunk. One month after i had a...
giopal | Last answer
523927_tn?1257022304
My recurring symptoms started up back in February. Over the course of the last few months, I've had a multitude of symptoms: Palpitations, abdominal pain, back pain, numbness/tingling in legs/feet, burning in the feet, chest pain, joint ...
ott70 | Last comment
I was finally diagnosed with EBV after years of living (barely) with it. I got a good naturopath and have slowly evolved to where I can work again. I just started working in a hospital in a non-patient care role. They did a titer and ...
glavery | Posted
I was finally diagnosed with EBV after years of living (barely) with it. I got a good naturopath and have slowly evolved to where I can work again. I just started working in a hospital in a non-patient care role. They did a titer and ...
glavery | Posted
I am a 59 year old male, with a history of EBV. My first bout was in 1993. It lasted several months. At that time, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville told me that I was WAY too old to have EBV, but that I had it anyway. The symptoms lasted jus...
oldmind | Last answer
Can anyone give me a better insight to what my results mean? Or what they have experienced? EBV, VCA - IGM 26 u/mL <100 u/mL EBV, VCA - IGG 900 u/mL <100 u/mL H EBV, EA - IGG Cv 165 u/mL <100 u/mL H EBV, EBNA - IGG 87 u/mL <100 ...
Berlysmitty | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources