Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Please help! CMV, EBV, HHV6 and Mycoplasma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Dr. Nicolson,
I am a 35-year old RN who has been suffering for the past 9 years. I was just recently diagnosed with mycoplasma pneumonia, and have been diagnosed with EBV and CMV in the past, and present. I also have HHV6. I used to go through phases of remission and relapses, but this last time, no remission for 9 months. I was an active, healthy woman whose life has been robbed by these bugs.
I am currently on the mycoplamsa protocol in Orlando, with the only doctor who specializes in this.
I have been on Zithromax and NAC for 3 months, along with a slew of supplements. I did Tindamax, 250mg a day for 5 days, then 500mg for 5 days, of which I lasted a total of 9 days. On the 9th day, I went into SVT, which eventually slowed, along with a plethora of other exotic symptoms. I stopped all antibiotics for 10 days and relapsed. I take Zithromax M, W, and F, and have taken 2 doses since I relapsed. My dr. wants me to start low dose prednisone and Valtrex, as my CMV titers are escalating. Not sure I want to take the predisone, even though it's low dose (40mg total daily x 5 days), because I am a nurse and don't want to catch any more infections, or experience anymore side effects. Eventually my dr.  wants me to continue with low dose Tindamax for the soft shelled eggs (eww), and he saus there's no other treatment to get rid of them other than Flagyl, which is just as nasty as Tindamax.
I want your opinion on what I'm taking and how, and if possibly we may be missing anything, in medicine or diagnoses. My symptoms are horrible. They come and go minute to minute, hour to hour, fluctuating in severity. I have muscle weakness, aches, lightheadedness, humming sounds in my head, extreme malaise (the worst symptom yet), fatigue, palpitations, racing heart, skipped beats, acne, chroic stuffy nose, etc. I'm sure you've heard it all before. There are extremely scary, because I feel like there are getting worse, and I am afraid my body won't be able to handle much more. I want to know what the long-term consequences are of these diseases, treated and not, and what path you think I should take. PLease help!!
hi, I have same.  Please contact me.
You are not alone I too have scarey symptoms and I just started treatment! I just hope you get well soon! this is frightening but trust the lord that is what I am doing and i am expecting him to work in me! take care if you need to talk contact me as well.
I am so sorry. I thought at first I had written your history myself but I am 62.  the inability to combat common opportunistic vermin such as we have is genetic.  I had to stop working 4 years ago but wish I had known to stop 10 years ago when I was first diagnosed with Mycoplasma and CMV. Now my HHV 6 titre is up and I had a high titre for human parvo virus a few years ago. This condition WILL NOT go away unless pharma really starts to address the problem of poor immune response in otherwise healthy people. Coronado symbol CNDO is a company working on enzymes given off by a bovine whipworm of sorts which humans have evolved with and no longer recieve benefit from because we are too "clean" . Trials have benefited patients with autoimmune diseases. I am hoping this will be marketed soon. Also I have hope for stem cell therapy which you will see in your lifetime I am sure.  Hemispherix has been trying to get their I.V. med for CFS marketed for years and keeps getting shot down. Personally I don't think the AMA takes any of this seriously enough to get what we need pushed through the FDA. Good Luck.