Please help
I have tested for CMV IGG. But I started feeling sick ever since I had a risky incident 2 years ago. Which means I contracted it then. Does this mean I have HIV too. I have tested negative for HIV 2 years after the incident but still feel sick as hell if i DO NOT take my daily vitamins. And lose wieght If I do not have medicine. Also developed high uric acid and high blood pressure. So please let me know IF you think I have hiv and it is not showing up on the blood tests. Because I have read that only when you have HIV do the CMV effects on the body become chronic and worse. My symptoms are not leaving me.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
650547 tn?1271776798
I think you should post this in the HIV forum, if you haven't already.  I don't think many of the people in the EBV forum have the knowledge to help you; I know I don't (Sorry!).  And from what I've heard, CMV is NOT the same as Epstein-Barr Virus.  I know it can take the body quite a while to fight off EBV, so CMV may be similar in that regard.  So I can give you advice to rest/take it easy for a while to help your body fight the infection, but other than that, I think you may find better help in another forum.  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
if you caught hiv 2 years ago not only would it have shown up w/ testing as early as 6-8 weeks but it would certainly be showing up on tests 2 years later. tests outweigh symptoms, you don't have hiv.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources