Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Please help

I have tested for CMV IGG. But I started feeling sick ever since I had a risky incident 2 years ago. Which means I contracted it then. Does this mean I have HIV too. I have tested negative for HIV 2 years after the incident but still feel sick as hell if i DO NOT take my daily vitamins. And lose wieght If I do not have medicine. Also developed high uric acid and high blood pressure. So please let me know IF you think I have hiv and it is not showing up on the blood tests. Because I have read that only when you have HIV do the CMV effects on the body become chronic and worse. My symptoms are not leaving me.
I think you should post this in the HIV forum, if you haven't already.  I don't think many of the people in the EBV forum have the knowledge to help you; I know I don't (Sorry!).  And from what I've heard, CMV is NOT the same as Epstein-Barr Virus.  I know it can take the body quite a while to fight off EBV, so CMV may be similar in that regard.  So I can give you advice to rest/take it easy for a while to help your body fight the infection, but other than that, I think you may find better help in another forum.  Good luck!
if you caught hiv 2 years ago not only would it have shown up w/ testing as early as 6-8 weeks but it would certainly be showing up on tests 2 years later. tests outweigh symptoms, you don't have hiv.