Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Where to test for EBV?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Where to test for EBV?

I have so many sympthoms, fatigue, diahrrea, gaz in stomatch, swollen lympnodes inside body, dizzy, fatigue, and so many more....
I really don't know what to do now. Are all those sympthoms of EBV?
I was afraid of HIV since I have once condom broke. But I tested many times negative post 3 months up to 3 years.

I met doctor, he gave me antibiotics and it won't help me better.

I recently went to a lab house, and coudn't find EBV test in the list?
Hi, with EBV you would have a bad sore throat, swollen lymph nodes in the neck area, and fever and fatigue. I wouldn't worry about HIV if you were negative after 3 months. Antibiotics don't work on a virus if it is EBV. They usually test you for mono and they have a test called a mono spot test plus a complete blood count to look for atypical lymphocytes and they could do EBV IgM and IgG. But EBV doesn't give you diarrhea, and gas usually no dizzyness. How long have you had the symptoms? If only a few days it may be a virus.
Hi mkh9 thanks for your reply.
Im worried so much about hiv because i alway think the tests i took are not good, they are low price (im from cambodia) not like fda approved ones or currently using in the states or other developped country. about sympthoms i have since june last year. Yeah i have gaz in my stomach, nausea, fart, all the time, dizzyness all the time, skin rash few times, bluur vision, and lymphnodes not only in under my neck but also inside my body as well, muscle twiches, and many more. Im so happy when tested hiv negativ but always worry if they are false negative.
What do u think i have not ebv right? I had other general blood test and all seems in usual range.
Do they have a mono spot test in your country? Also they have a test that checks for EBV igM and IgG.  The symptoms you have are not typical of mono.Can you see an infectious disease doctor to see if you have other viruses? How long have you had these symptoms? Part of your symptoms sound viral or like a stomach or intestinal problem. but the swollen lymph nodes in the body are concerning. It sounds like you have a recent infection. But the symptoms are not specific enough to determine what it is. You would need further testing.
mkh9