Erectile Dysfunction Community
Penis pumping caused sensitivity loss - can it recover?

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

OK, so I got caught up it the hype - Penis Pumping will result in a larger, stronger penis!

If I could reverse the clock I would certainly not have bought the pump, or started to read the penis enlargement forums which encourage the use of pumps! I now realize that what you risk losing is just not worth it!

So far I've been to my doctor and a urologist and both seem to suggest this is a psychological issue, in fact I've also been to a 'phyco sexual clinic' where the emphasis is also on psycho issues. I've had all the blood tests done and everything checks out as OK.

But I'm 99% sure my problem has been caused by the penis pump. I know what I did to myself, and it's not easy explaining this to the doctor.

I've always had a high sex drive since since becoming sexually aware/active as a young teen. I'm now 39. About 2 years ago I started to do penis enlargement exercises, jelqing, stretching exercises etc. As well as this I bought a penis extender device. The info on how to apply these techniques I got from a free forum online.

Since birth I had a slight curvature in my erection which really bothered me, I initially was hoping to correct this.

Anyway for about a year, doing this on and off, I actually had quite positive results. I did lessen the curve, as well as increasing the size and quality of my erections. During this period my libido/sex drive and sensitivity all remained pretty high. But I guess I got hooked.

I then started to look at penis pumps, started reading the hype. Eventually I bought one online. I purchased a device with a pressure gage as I wanted to use it in a 'safe' manner. ie not pumping too high - I also wanted to keep the time  when in the pump down so as not to cause any tissue damage due to oxygen deprivation.

So I started using the pump, for about say 3 or 4 times a week, at say 4 sets of 3-4 mins at less than 5hg pressure. I thought this was moderate and safe. So no catastrophic injuries. I must have used the pump for a period of say 6 months or so. On the odd occasion I would push my limits to a degree.

Then I started to notice a lessening of my penile sensitivity. I guess I didn't realize the warning signs and continued to use the pump. Until I realized that there was a very significant problem, and I connected this with the pump. I stopped using it.

This was about 8 - 10 months ago. I also ceased all other 'penile' exercises.

So here's my problem. I no longer find myself becoming sexually aroused spontaneously. Any stimulation which would normally initiate a response now has very little effect. Before I would feel the need to be sexually active maybe every 3 or 4 days, now nothing. In fact I feel I could abstain totally with no desire at all.

I no longer have the intense erogenous sensations I used to have. But I can still become erect, mostly with mental stimulus. I can also ejaculate, but the intensity is gone. I've also become prone to premature ejaculation. So basically the sensitivity which used to be there which was a major driving force for me has gone. I'm struggling to find any sexual satisfaction.

I have been very upset about this, feeling quite depressed. I've also been feeling that my future has a bleak outlook. I'm finding the memories of how great sex was are fading, and I feel I'm becoming resigned to the fact that I'll never be the same man I was before this happened to me. And the crazy thing is I is all self inflicted. I hold on to the hope that I will regain my sensitivity in time.

So I hope whoever reads this takes this on board as a warning... stay away from penis pumps! It just not worth the potential loss. Or at least be aware of the risks.

So on to my question...

I've scoured the web looking for information on this kind of damage, and there's many references to penis pumps causing nerve damage and penis desensitizing. But nowhere can I find any hope that this can recover in time. I've read that if a nerve is only bruised and not lacerated in time (possibly over a year) it can recover. But can damage to nerves due to vacuum/pressure damage recover? Does anyone actually know what can happen to nerves when pumping?

I need something to hope for.

However... in saying all the above, is it possible that it COULD be all in my head? If a man thinks he has damage with regards to penile sensitivity, could it cause a physical 'shutting down' of the normal penis - to - brain connection? I can still feel touch, but I can't feel pleasure.

I hope someone can take the time to respond to my message, and I thank you in advance.
Steve,
I feel excited and sick, that I have found someone going thru the exact same NO sensitivity prison sentence. ***@****
Hi Steve, I think you went to far, jelqing is one form to enlargement,  p***s extender is a another form of pe, and pumping again another form, and I think it was just to much using all 3 forms together, but to late now.
Look I have had ED and I'm now in recovery, and it was all down to herbs and a hormon, so below you will find a post I put on a site, and its titaled HERBS VERSUS DRUGS, HERBS MY CHOICE, and whats in it may just help you out of your problem, but please remember its just a help, which only any doctor could say say with drugs, all I can ask is please give it a read and a trail for 8 to 12 weeks, and if it works then this will need to become a way of life, like me.
Good Luck
Remember you can google anything thats I use for more info.

What is below is a reply I put in to a discussion on side effects to ED drugs, so I’m now putting So if he drugs don’t work or work well but with bad side effects, then go the herbal way, and it works, but you need to go the whole way with them and give them a good try, just like drugs its a mix and match affair to find the right mix.
Now for I'm in ED recovery and if like me you can get the mix right it will also give you a healthier life style thrown in as a side effect, so that cant be bad can it.
OK for I was given Viagra here in Greece when a was told all that I had was anxiety, its great when your told that, without any examination, and then given Viagra without any tests of any kind, all this I found out later of line, and after this decided that I then needed to find my own way out of ED if I could, the one thing if you start looking is DHEA comes up a lot of the time, so did research into it and asked on a couple of forums for info, for or against.
So I'm now on DHEA 75mgs a day, this is something you really need to read up about if you think its for you and start low to see how it sits with you,
Now and have just started to take Tribulus, this now backs up my DHEA, I'm now taken Tribulus 2 x 750mgs a day, its a bit like DHEA gives your testrone and libido a boost, but with no side effects, not that I've had any from DHEA, these I take for 5 days then rest for 2.
I also take Garlic chopped up fine with olive oil and parsley, and do a whole head at a time, I also take Cayenne, this I put into tomato paste and mix it smooth with olive oil, both of these I rotate alternate days then change them round the next week and only take for 5 days then 2 days rest, These you need to wash down with water before meals.
I also have Ginger in lemon and honey tea, I fine grate Ginger from the freezer. grate to the size of a large egg put in cup with lemon and micro wave30 secs then add your tea, Green or Black, tastes great,( on pegym they call this erection tea ) Green tea is also a help with ED, Green tea, Cayenne and garlic are all known herbs for cleaning the blood and given heat down below they all help open the veins up, and to help get blood into the penis, and believe me you will fill this some time later, I also have some herb Tribulus which I brew with green tea, and drink with ginger honey and lemon, I read that honey and lemon is good for the blood.
On pegym they have what they call the 5Gs it’s all herbal and well worth a look at, just Google the 5Gs, it will take you straight there.
There are lots of other things you can try, Borax see earthclinic for this under ED, Glycine, Nutmeg, but watch this one they say it could be a mind bender,D-Apartate at 3 grams, Ginseng, Ginko Biloba and zinc, but the list is endless.
There does not seem to be many side effects to most herbs, I did get some high blood pressure from Viagra but now since being on mostly herbs I feel and get some real good hardons, and the morning woods are good, I even get woken in the night with some real boners and never had that before.
Look I do hope this may help with some of you guys out there who think that the doctor is the only place to get help, I do some answering on medhelp and webmd the doctor on webmd does not like me given people advice on herbs, but he forgets that all modern drugs come from herbs in the first place, and a lot of new drugs have there roots in herbs, and druggists are still researching roots, herbs and flowers to find new drugs.
Good Luck We Need IT
Tail End
Lots of the above can be Googled by just adding ED on the end of them, Cayenne can give lots of support to the prostate, also by mixing things with olive oil boosts your omega intake, and by taken to spoonfuls of olive oil a day gives you even a bigger boost of omega.
My DHEA I take 50 mgs first thing in the morning, this I got from a web site on dosage of DHEA, this is because the body’s own DHEA is at its highest then, and so what we take can help boost it.
Yes and don’t forget your vitamin D, just get yourself out in the sun and you can pack your body with it, its free that way, they say you only need 15 minutes a day to get enough of it , me I’m out in it all day long here in Greece, and most of the time naked.
And the last thing I got my wife a **** ring for Xmas, it’s a Hardwear Ice made of glass and works really well, once you get used to wearing it, and can give you some fantastic boners that are really strong.
if intrested just google hardwear ice.
This is very late, but I found an answer to what happened.
Columbia University cautions that if used incorrectly, it can pull skin from the penis and cause loss of penile sensation.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/250207-top-male-enhancement-product-list/#ixzz2B8sL8izH
Try eating healthier lots vegetables and seafood squid salmon tuna mussel, exercise in combination with Amino 1000 try extra L-arginine 500 both 3 tablets 3 times a day. Try some testosterone booster but from natural herbs like; damiana, muira puama, horny goat weed with macca, gotu kola, gingseng, yohimbe. From my experience i've tried first testosterones booster mentioned above Natural herbs but realised that only testosterones won't suffice. Now that i'm eating healthier i can feel my erection almost a hundred 100 procent. Try lots of leg exercises of jogging or in combination. But you will feel it working when you exercise till when your entire body cannot give anymore energy. And for muscle relaxation take glucosamine  chondroitine complex with omega 3,6,9 and try calcium, magnesium and zink. This method i developed for myself after hours and days months of researching. Any doctor would tell it's a lost case belief me. Try this method. I hope it will help you or any other person having this same issue. Cant and wont garantee it will work for you but its helping me and i'm hoping this is the cure. Ow not to forget vitamine B complex and royal jelly. Anyways am gonna have some sex now ;)
the same thing has happened to me too since 3 years ago because of use of penis pump.
this is false advertising of this pump product that causes permanent damage to the male organ  
why is this pump destroyer of lives even legal?
I've been using a penis pump for about a year now.  Took it very gently at first and gradually increased the pressure.  I can say that over this time I have had no significant change in length, maybe 1/4 inch, but I definitely have on girth.  Permanently thicker, that's for sure, and no problems whatsoever.
Sure it was the pump?  Porn can also create those effects.  Google search on "porn l-dopa".  
Porn avoidance is a must for those who want strong, ready erections and normal sex-drive.....