Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
myth

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

myth

is matubration causes illeness to a male body n some of my friends say that they feel like they lost all of their enrgy afetr mastubration.does it should be done after a regular time period or we can enjoy it daily.does it effects human male body?if yes plz tell me the effects.
  • penis erection (1 replies):
    i m 23 & my penis gets erected almost any moment of time...[more]
  • Pepper Schwartz (1 replies):
    Hi doctor, I wanna know that from the last 5...[more]
  • leak (1 replies):
    my age is 17(male), from 1.5 years I have started to see...[more]
  • musterbation (1 replies):
    male musterbation causing lack of concentration on schoo...[more]
  • erection (1 replies):
    i have extreme libido during night.....wht should i do?i...[more]
Almost everyone feels insecure about masturbation—or self-pleasuring. We all want to know that what WE do is OK. From your note, it looks like you feel that it’s somehow harmful or wrong and that you’re worried that self-pleasuring is some kind of “condition” or illness. Not true.

If your friends report feeling a loss of energy, it's probably because like any physical activity, self-pleasuring burns calories and uses energy. Some people feel relaxed and tired after, and others feel energized and ready to take on the world.

Please stop worrying and enjoy your life. Accept self-pleasuring as a wonderful gift that keeps on giving.

Here are some facts about self-pleasuring:

It’s the surest way to orgasm and the most effective way to learn about our sexual response cycle, as well as the surest way men to learn orgasmic control.  If you feel you come too quickly, the surest way to slow down is to teach yourself a new pattern via self-pleasuring.

Another advantage is self-knowledge: How can you show a partner what you like if you don’t know yourself?

And the #1 reason for self-pleasuring: it’s fun!

Self-pleasuring is a part of who you are sexually—for your whole life, not just when you don’t have a partner. People self-pleasure from birth to death, when they’re alone and when they’re partnered. It’s just one of many options we have as sexual beings. It’s not better or worse than partner sex, just different—like steak is different than chicken.

Remember that all our scientific data show that the people who take responsibility for their OWN pleasure have the best sex lives and rate themselves as happiest about their sexuality. Dr. J
A related discussion, cnfusd was started.
A related discussion, masturbate hobbit good or bad for helth was started.
A related discussion, Medical advice on managing ED was started.
A related discussion, suffering from premature ejaculation was started.