Exercise & Fitness Community
Belly Area

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Belly Area

I had a baby 3 years ago. I use to drink heavy after I had my baby. I also got into a habit of eating junk food and I wear lose t's and spandex bottoms. I dress extremely comfortable .

I do not drink anymore. AT ALL. But I do have to eat constantly. Mostly breads or sunflower seeds. My belly got used being popped out. I have not been active for 5 or 6 years.

I am going to start getting active again. Slowly but surely.

Will using a girdle or something that supports belly's help train my bell to not POP out?

HOLDing my belly in at this point is not an option. I at least don't think so. Holding my belly in with out support kills my back.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by being "popped' out, but if your back hurts to do exercises because of the amount of weight on your belly, then maybe a girdle could work. Just keep in mind that as you loose weight, your belly will go. Even if it's a serious alcohol-caused pot belly it can go away with proper diet and exercise. My sibling's father lost 200 lbs; went from a pregnancy sized pot belly (serious alcoholic and pot user) to a slim runner physique.

Now if you're still feeling uncomfortable exercising -remember being really overweight can have a HUGE impact on your knees, back and feet. So make sure you're using good shoes and maybe start off by doing a more low-impact exercise, like aerobics or swimming. Swimming might be a really good place to start, because if you start swimming you can teach your toddler to swim now too and you can exercise as a family. That being said, even without swimming there are a lot of good baby and me activities- running in the park, jogging with a stroller or tricycle, etc.  
Yes the pot belly is what I was talking about. When I am bloated I can appear to look 6 months pregnant. And When I am not bloated...I just look over weight.

I used to be anorexic/bulimic at 119lbs.
Then in from 2003 - 2006 I was a steady 134.5 lbs.
I got pregnant in 2007 and had my baby January of 2008. I had actually lost weight. I was about 168

2009 till now I have been up and down from 210 and 187. Once I drop a few pounds. I get excited and tell my self "I deserve a snack for doing such good work" Then I gain the weight right back cause I can leave the snacks. I also have to have cokes. I never used to drink the stuff. Now I can't get enough of it.

2011 I had started walking...Before it got cold...I went from 210 to 182. But I did noticed I had knee pain. It was like I had to pop my knees often. And walking too long would cause my lower back to hurt as well as my feet. So you are so right about what impact obesity can cause on ones body.

I am 5.3 at 210 And I been like this for about 3 1/2 years. I do also notice that I feel so good after a good walk. But I refuse to walk when it is cold. I just hate the cold. I did buy a dance game for ps3 EVERYBODY DANCE. And I danced once since I bought it.  I loved how it got the whole family involved. My 14yr old son included. So I will continue to do more of that while it is cold out side.

It was the pot belly that really bothered me. I hated when I had to go to my husbands Christmas party. I looked like I was pregnant. So I was wondering if the girdle would help me with that. I also started to drink dieters tea at night. I notice just one cup a day helped me with the bloat.

Thank you so much for your response. I will try to buy the girdle. And Hopefully in a month I will see some kind of GOOD difference. :)

If you can't find a good girdle, even a tight tank top under your dress can help with the belly a little. But like I said, that will go away as you loose weight.

Well if you can try to go off soda. That stuff is horrible. I lost my first 10 lbs after giving up Dr pepper. Although I was drinking it like oxygen. However, even the diet stuff- those fake sugars are actually habit forming and can be addicting (my mom has been addicted to them for 20 years, since she gave up smoking and coffee). So just be careful.

Also snacks don't have to be a bad thing. I have about 2-3 snacks a day. Usually fruit, yogurt, veggies and sometimes even a low calorie dessert- today I made some brownies.. but it fits nicely in my daily caloric intake so I haven't even broken my max of 1400 calories. Don't fear the snacks- just choose wisely.

And because you have a past of anorexic/bulimic behavior - do you have people you can talk to if you ever break or start wanting to having problems? That is a scary and dangerous disease so make sure you guard yourself against it. I know how hopeless weight loss can be, so make sure your husband, friend, parent, someone knows what warning signs to watch out for and you have someone you feel comfortable talking to about it.

Good luck. Remember small goals/steps and if you ever have a bad day.. that's just one day, forgive yourself and move on. :D
I will look into my options for tummy support. And I don't have anyone to talk to when it comes to the eating disorders. But I have a little girl now. So I just look at her. And she helps me. I remember that anything I do...she will do. So I know that when I look at her...I will be fine.

Thank you so much for your help :)
Health Insurance Companies Seek Big...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Keep Your Liver Healthy
8 hrs ago by gymdandee
specialmom commented on Belle313's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine