Exercise & Fitness Community
Can I do sit-ups with an abdominal hernia?

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

I am a 25 year old mother of 3. I am in decent shape, meaning I am not over weigh. I have an abdominal hernia that is about 2 inches that causes occasional pain. I am pretty active, usually in the warm months and since being diagnosed as having a hernia I do not want to do anything to make it any bigger. After exercising my hernia doesn't feel any different. I haven't found out what makes it poke out and become painful but exercising doesn't seem to. I've also heard that if it doesn't hurt than it probably isn't a problem. Will sit-ups help or hurt my hernia?
my brother had a hernia when took his physical a few years back the doctor told him to do situps and when he came back it was gone i dont know how bad his was but thats wut the doc told him
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Mild regular exercises to tone up the abdominal muscles can infact help you to strengthen the abdominal muscles and help reduce or cure the hernia. Yes, situps can be done. There are other exercises too like lifting both legs while lying flat on hard floor that can help too. However without examining the hernia, its position, degree and extent I cannot comment for sure. Please consult a physiotherapist before starting the exercises. Your age is on your side and guided exercise program should help you.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
What if you have had hernia surgery already? Can you do situps then? I had hernia surgery Jan 23 2009 and now I have mesh around my whole abdomen.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
No,sit ups are not advised for you. As any exercise which will increase the abdomial (abdominal) pressure should be avoided for safety of hernia not to reoccur. Take care!
I was doing sit up about two month after receiving a hernia mesh. I now feel a see a small out line of something near the area where the mesh was placed. It is not giving me any problem. Could this cause a problem send email  to ***@****
Can you help.  I've just been told I have a hernia.  Just above my belly button.  I had surgery 11months ago for a gut problem and was cut from just above the belly button down to bikini line.  Before surgery I was swollen from whatever had caused the illness - not sure if was narrowing of gut join due to previous surgery (I had had previous surgery since I have had Crohns disease twice before - both times cut across the bikini line - wasn't a problem exercising).  The problem is I'm still swollen more than I would like to be (I'm 45yr old female).  Having been told I have the hernia I'm reserved about jumping into previous fitness regime.  There were also lots of problems with wound  healing.  Can you help.  I suppose I'm in reasonable shape for my age other than these awful problems which have arisen.  I do a little yoga and try pilates type tightening exercises which isn't enough.  Hopefully you can help.  I intend to speak to the surgeon again.  Hopefully no more awful illnesses.  Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!  

I would suggest walking for you along with Yoga and some exercises in the sitting and sleeping position. You can go for 2-5 km walks regularly without exerting yourself.

Get yourself examined by the surgeon to rule out any infection and take all the possible suggestions for the hernia repair from your surgeon.

Take care!
I had a lap chole, and 2 and half to 3 weeks later got pregnant with twins.  5 years later while lying down and trying to do a situp there is this bulge that comes out above my belly button, do you think it is a hernia, and can I continue to do any situps?

Sincerely,
Tracy
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

The probability of hernia is more as you had a surgical intervention and had an incision in the past.
I would suggest you to check by looking at a mirror and coughing and if a bulge comes out and if it can be reduced by pushing it inside then there is a gap in your abdominal musculature and you have to get it corrected surgically.

Hernia is the bulge which comes out through any weakness in your abdominal wall.

Take care!
Should leg lifts be done with an abd brace to hold the area as flat as possible? I have a heavy duty back brace with perfect velcro to hold in the fat and hernia, but since it's a back brace the front is to small to cover the entire hernia area, I put a small board there and seems to work fine. I browsed hernia belts which are wider in the front, but customer complaints about them rolling up while on makes me wary of buying one.
Should I use anything that works to confine, support or otherwise hold in the hernia while doing leg lifts in order to get muscles strong enough to hold in on it's own? seems to me doing excercises while the hernia is poking out won't push it back in while the muscles are strengthening? but I'm not a doc. :)
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

With hernia I would not suggest any heavy duty exercise and only after hernia repair and when you complete a year you should put any pressure to the abdominal area. You can do other types of exercises and cardio activities which do not put pressure on your abdomen.

I would want you to discuss further with a surgeon after an examination about your hernia because I have to understand if it is abdominal hiatus hernia? Inguinal hernia? Femoral hernia? Direct or indirect hernia? Reducible or irreducible hernia? and what is the diagnosis and the reasons for you hernia.

Take care!
Hi there, I was told I had an umbilical hernia two years ago, although it doesn't hurt at all but when I excercise my abs It protroudes massivley!!! However I really want to keep my stomach in shape without it's appearance getting any worse, I read u said excersise wud make it go away is that in every case or just some cases as I find it hard to believe as mine actually is
worse after ab crunches, sit ups etc! Can u advise me thanks???  
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Surgical repair is recommended in most situations since small umbilical hernias, left untreated, can expand and become problematic. Exercises are only suggested after surgical correction.

Some forms of Yoga do not cause any problems, talk with a Yoga expert.

Following abdominal surgery to repair a hernia, intermittent positive pressure breathing exercises may be necessary to prevent pulmonary complications. Certain exercises such as progressive relaxation and deep breathing techniques may be performed to reduce postoperative pain and speed recovery.

Take care!
Thanks for getting back to me! I'm too scared for surgery it's not got any worse in two years I hope it's gunna b ok
Hello sir,

Sorry for my English, I have been diagnosed with "early hernia" at the left side of the triangle area below my belly button, it's not a "real hernia" (I think), I mean no organs went out yet, but looks like the area is so weak that the left side is a bit higher than right side (of the triangle), I'm a male, 27, used to do about 20-30 minutes of ab workouts 3 days/week for the last 4 or 5 months, maybe I did something wrong coz I can't remember I never tried to lift something heavy.

Do you think that I can tackle this problem without a surgery ? should I rest now first OR focus on lower abdomen muscles exercises (the one you lie on your back and raise your legs), I'm not sure what to do as I read that in case this is an injury bcoz of the exercises I used to do then I should rest for few weeks first, or do they mean to take rest of my heavy abs exercises only ?

also should I pull abdomen to spine as they advise normally ?

Any other advises ?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hello im a personal trainer aged 22. I have been diagnosed with an umbilical hernia, its about 1cm in diameter about 1-2cm above my belly button. the surgeon i went to says i shouldnt worry too much and it will eventually need to be fixed but there's no rush. I train about 5-6 days a week with heavy weights. When it pops out there is no pain and i simply push it back in. I have quite low body fat and a very defined six pack which ive worked hard for, i was wanting to know if after surgery i would still maintain my six pack definintion or will it be disfigured?
I had hernia surgery in my groin area and now I have to take a physical test and one of the requirements are 25 sit ups. I have done many ab exercises and workouts without soreness or problems and I cannot do a single sit up. Is my hernia operation the source of my problem?
Hi doc.. I'm feeling a sharp pain at the left lower abdominal area, after heavy workout. The pain worsens when i sit at the floor or bent my knees while sitting in the chair or when i run. It heals automatically if i abstain workout for 2/3 weeks. Still there's no swelling, not even when i'm coughing. I must inform you, that, i'm also suffering from urethral stricture for 2-3 years, and already went through an Optical Internal Urethotomy procedure. However, i require further OIU procedure as my doctor has told so. So, Please give me an advice, do i need to stop heavy weight exercise or abdominal crunches?
I have had hernia symptoms on and off for about 13 years, about two years after I had my son. Just this year I was diagnosed with a hernia just above my belly button (same area). I was wondering if I can still run and do dance with this since it has become indented over the years. Is there anyway such as a hernia belt to use while exercising that might reduce pain or damage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cats
i am a 21 yr old female and i was told that i have hereditary hernias and i have had two already and had surgery both times the last time was sept of 2010 and they put mesh in on the whole left side of my abdomen so that i "don't" get anymore hernias. I am VERY active and I work as a nurses aide which consists of a lot of heavy lifting which i don't think helps my situation. So my questions are could i be getting another hernia where the mesh is and should i not be lifting over a certain amt? My grandfather has had about a dozen surgery's and i am wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent this cause his abdominal wall is now all messed up and i dont want mine to be as young as i am. this is getting me nervous
i also wanted to say that i feel a bump where the mesh is and that is why i am asking these questions. it hurts when i lift or do any kind of exercise or sit sometimes when i walk not always
What other exercise beside situp and lifting leg in the air helps with direct inguinal hernia
I have inguinal hernia, actually i had a ball type thing in my  lower abdominal area later it shifted in my balls i I dont know weather its hernia or something else, but when i concerned a doctor he told me its hernia he even told me that i can operate it at any time, its been 1 year iI dont feel any pain it just pops in and out ocassionally, I still dont want to operate it for 2 more years,is it possible? one more thing can I do situps and abdominal exercise with this hernia,pls suggest me what should I do, my upper body is in very good shape but my lowers is too week, so can i go for situps with this hernia? and what if i postpond the surgery for 2 more years, is there any thing to worry about???
my hernia has been hurting more since I started loosing weight I have lost around 25 pounds I have been excer.and had to stop because of this it even hurts at times when I walk im scared and really dont have the money for a op so can any.one help with the pain
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

What kind of hernia you have? Abdominal or inguinal/femoral (groin) ?

Get a scan done and get yourself properly examined by a surgeon to make sure that this is not an emergency.

It is very important not to exert and put pressure on the abnormal opening which is causing the insinuation or the hernia.

Take care!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Hernias can be inguinal direct or inguinal indirect in males, femoral both in females and males and also abdominal in both the sexes.

Hernias can also be reducible or irreducible and if it is reducible with no emergency and if there is no blockage of any blood vessel and no complication to the herniated tissue you can always plan an elective timed surgery on a suitable date.

Do not exert or do intense physical activities till you are hernia free.

Your surgeon is the best person to comment after he examines and scans you appropriately.

Take care!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You can have some pain and discomfort after hernia repair surgery, it is not always serious.

It is important to understand that you should not exert yourself and should not do any intense physical activity after a hernia repair surgery.

If there is any soft or hard swelling or bump in your groin region then get yourself examined for a proper diagnosis or you can ignore mild pain and discomfort.

Take care!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Hernia is a defect or weakness in your abdominal wall. No exercise will cure a hernia. You have to consider a planned surgery after a proper diagnosis to get treated of your hernia.

If your condition is not serious you can continue your day to day activities and you can also do some floor or sitting exercises and you can continue walking. Any sort of lifting of heavy weights and intense cardio and sports activities should be avoided.

Take care!
Hello Doctor,

I'm 31 yrs male and I have been doing jogging and situps since last 15 years and from the past 6 months I started doing (5kg) dumbells. Recently observed a small bulge near an incision which was performed 20 yrs back for appendicities. I observed that the bulge is increasing day by day,so, I got it checked with a doctor last week who has physically examined it and got USG done and confirmed it is not hernia and the bulge could be just a fat deposit. It pains me some times but it is negligible. A day after, as the bulge is slightly increasing day by day I went to an another doctor who has physically examined and said it is incisional hernia and that the internal organ ( could be intestine) has not started coming out but the fat tissue is coming out and hence the bulge. He suggesed me to get it surgically repaired soon before the internal organ starts coming out. I am now confused shall I ignore it as USG test states no hernia or shall i go ahead with surgery.

Can you please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh
I am a 60 year old female and had a tummy tuck 15 months ago and liposuction 3 months ago. i have now developed an umbilical hernia. Can i do aqua aerobic exercises or swimming?
I recently started a bootcamp fitness program.  We work alot on lower abs.  I have always been able to lift my legs and do a crunch.  During my first class I was able to do about 100 of them..no pain.   Ive had 5 classes since then, and I am not able to work on my lower abs without pain below my belly button to the right.  Right above an incision from c-section.  After class, I still feel discomfort, but the next day the pain in gone.  The next class, it happens again.  I attend class twice a week.  Is it possible that I could have a hernia?   Would'nt the pain be consistant?

Thank you for any input
bueno tenia una hernia odominal tego ya unme de laoperasion pero quiero esn pesar aser ejercicio si  puedo o no es tejo un poco de miedo que me buelva a salir pero quiero tener el vintre un poco mas plano si puedo aser ejercicio o me espero puedo aser zumba para en pesar
I been diagnostic whit a lower right side hernia, i used run, lift weights, core exercicies, every day for 1 hr. i stop after mi last visit to the doctor because of the pain, now after 6 months of lasyness,  just need to know if i can run 30 min a day at lees. I dont feel any pain anymore, unless if i lift weight, thanks a lot.
I had hernia surgery a yr ago,then had to go back a month later to have it repaired. i was a little over weight already.Now I'm even more. I really need to exsercise, setups. Do  you think it would be ok?
just had incisional hernia repair on Tuesday two weeks ago i know its early!! i had an incisional hernia develope after an operation to take out a bburst appendix and 10-12 inches of colon lived with it the bulge for year im 6ft 1 inch es tall 188lbs great condition for 60 look and feel much younger??but !! ive played proefessional golf for over 40 years andive worked out to avoid a stomach and weight issues did crunches and pushups various other weight training basically with a bow flex, will i be able in a year?? to play golf pushups ,situps and play golf i know heavy is not a word to think of as in lifting orgaining weight iam weight conciance and will not gain weight same weight as in high scoll will not have a gut it took a damn medical problem to cause a problem!! ok back to questions is golf a thing of past and crunges and pushups ??what about cables and exercises that you lay on bench and do not over exert midline?? im just concerned !!thank you for any advice
I had incisional hernia repair one year ago, and would like to know what ab exercises i can do without causing problems.  I just started going to the gym again and I tried the ab coaster and I'm not sure I should so ab exercises at all.
hey doc im 17 and i just got a hernia a week ago and i was just startin to work on my pack but i stopped because i dont want to make it any worse should i keep on exercising my abs??
Hello

I am 19 year old male. I  have a small umbilical hernia just above the belly button, i have no pain or any symtoms (symptoms) just a tiny bulge. my doctor has not recomended surgery because it is small, i have had the the tiny bulge for a long time cant say exactly how long. I do alot of exercise go gym 3 or 4 times a week and im in a running club aswell the hernia has no effect, everytime im in the gym i always put a belt  on  will this help me?, Is it alright to do situp and intense cardio exercise? i am joining the army in 2012 would it effect me getting in? (if you have any idea) I am rely worried about it i dont want to go threw medical and be dissapointed. THANKYOU
I am 26 yrs old male. I don't remember exactly when I got the hernia but I can think like around 8 to 9 yrs ago and I completely neglected it or i was scared of surgery. At the age of 20 or so my right scrotum is used swll little bit when I stand for long time or when I play for long and I used put the hernia back in. for the past 3 or 4 yrs it's not swelling much even though I play for long time(3 to 4 hrs continuously).I know i have to go for surgery to fix this but I wanted to get physically fit I mean I am looking to go out for gym for next 6 months or so and make my body bit strong as I am very thin now. So when do I need to go for surgery before or after the gym workouts. some people say that you can't go to workouts after the surgery for 1 year or so if that is the case then can I go for around 6 months of gym and then get the surgery done. Totally confused......! Plese suggest.
Hello

I had a hernia removal 2 months ago, I don't think they had to put a mesh. But now I have a hernia again n the same place. Can I run and help make it go away? When I eat, it pokes out more.
Hello;   I am 57 years old and have an abdominal hernia. I also have cirrocis of the liver and was told that surgery would hurt my liver, so the doctors want me to live with this hernia. I had a cat scan while lying on my back and the doctor said the hernia is very small. I tried to tell them that when I stand up, it is much larger and pertrudes about the size of an apple! They don't respond and dismiss this FACT, for some odd reason.

Is there any way I can self heal this hernia? I am thinking I should ask my doctor to send me for pyhsical therapy. Am I on the right track?
I have an umbilical hernia.  My Dr. has said not to worry about it, go on with my life, everything is fine, do exercises as usual, no surgery is necessary. It's small and protrudes just a little.  I am concerned with it and am not sure if my Dr. knows what she is talking about.  I was in and out of her office in no more than 5 minutes.  I keep reading these comments about how it can become a real problem, and am worried.  I don't know if I can exercise an am just taking it easy with walks etc.  I live in Canada, and have complete coverage.  Am very concerned...

BTW, there is absolutely no pain, very little protrusion, easy BM's etc, goes down when lying on my back.  Please help
I just went to a doctors appointment.  I complained about stomach bloating and the doctor had me lie down.  As I did she pointed to a small bulge between my  umblicus and my xyphoid process.  She said, "it looks like you have a hernia".  I have never really noticed it before.  It is not painful at all.  My self diagnosis is that it is an epigastric hernia.   I was thinking of starting an exercise program, how will this affect me?  Can I slowly build up my muscle strength to correct this?  I suspect the cause is a weakened abdomen.  I have cystic fibrosis. and I think I may have overexerted myself during a lung function test.  Also I don't think chronic coughing helps matters much.
i have a very big abdominal hernia that is totally sticking out. what exercises do you recommend i do. i needed to lose 35lbs to get the surgery done and in total now i have lost -60lbs im just waiting to get the surgery now. i dont usually have alot of pain but some days i do feel alot of press pushed against my abdominal and my hernia get really hard it almost feels like a tumor and i know how that feels because i had a 22cm tumor and that is what cause me to get the hernia after my surgery.
I had an  incisional hernia repaired in 2007 and now have a mesh. Am I able to do any stomach flattening exercises. I walk approx 2 miles every work day but really need to flatten the tomach area and tone up.
I have had 2 umbilical hernia surgeries and 1 hiatal hernia surgery. My question is can I ever tighten those muscles again with any exercise at all?
My second surgery was a mesh with the umbilical and haital hernias..
I'm almos thinking about liposuction or tummy tuck if you advise staying away from exercise in the abdominal area.
Hi I'm 25 years old and I was pregnant 4 times and I have a abdominal hernia it sticks out but it dose not hurt but I look like I'm still pregnant it's very embarrassing ,can I do sit ups or that leg thing to make it go down ?
I was diagnosed with a hernia just above my navel today.  It was stivking out and the doctor pushed it back in.  It does hurt now, but it is buldging.  My doctor told me to loss weight and see a surgeon.  Can I do sit ups...4forgt to ask...
I have had two see section baby delivers and one reg. Delivers and now my stomach won't go back down. I have always had a flat stomach even after the second baby I went back to my flat stomach. After I had the third child and the second cut on my bikni area and my tubes tied I never lost the weight. I was told by my doctor I have a herina right before I had a back fusion done, so now I have a third cut but its going like a line up and down and it hurts when you touch it or if my cloths are too tight. My Dr won't remove it unless its giving me a problem so is there another way I can lost the belly fat
I am 30 years old male and having swollen of lower right flank abdomen without pain since 10 -15 days.When I press the swollen a sensation run all around to fingers of right leg. Also sometime i feel mild pain.Please suggest ?

I had mater health check up on 08-08-2012.Doctor told it is normal report
In check up I have Ultrasound of whole abdomen and pelvis.X-ray of chest,ECG,blood,stool and urine test.Doctor told all reports are normal.

Note: at the time of check up swollen was not there.      
I am a 43 y.o. male.  I have exercized all my life but I started very intense weight lifting and ab workouts 2 years ago.  Very shortly after, I noticed 2 bulges near my groin.  I didn't know what they were and ignored them.  Last year at a physical a doctor told me I have a double inguinal hernia.  I continued to do intense ab workouts and the hernias are getting worse.  I am about to get hernia surgery.
Is it possible and likely that intense exercize are what caused my hernias to occur??
I have a surgical hernia after 7 stomach operatins and find that when i do normal sit ups im in agony how can i safely excersise as i find myself losing my abdominal muscles thanks
What exercises can I do that does not put pressure on my large hernia? My body is deconditioned  from lying around and my back is very angry.  How can I get my arms, butt and legs stronger lacking a core?
What if a Hernia starts to feel tight after standing on your feet for 8 hours at work? Is that a sign that it needs medical attention ASAP?
I have small a hernia above my belly button can I still do crunches or sit ups
I had hernia op last march and when i do just 5 sit ups i get very bad pain in the hernia area.  Why is this happening?
Hi Doctor Vinod.

Thank you for receiving this communication.

I have more than one question if I may...

My name is Paul.  I am 47 years old and had cancer removed which were hanging on the bottom of my left kidney last year (ten months ago).  I developed a large incisional abdominal hernia within 8 weeks post surgery.  I am now going to have it repaired laporoscopically with mesh.  The surgeon who will be performing the surgery is very experienced in this kind of procedure, but I have heard many stories about this kind of hernia seldom being repaired fully.  Is this true in your view?

In real terms, what exactly is the time-frame for rest and no physical exertion post the repair of this large hernia? I don't want to mess up the post-surgery period and have the hernia return. I have a small company that cannot operate without me - an antique refurbishing business requiring some physical activity. I am and have been an active sportsman all my life. I used to be a social smoker as well.

I hope you respond soon.

Regards
Hello Dr. Vinod, I also have a hernia that sits above my navel, the pain comes and goes depending on the physical activities at that time. I am searching for some excessive that will not aggravate my hernia. I also had fibroid surgery a few years ago and since then I have gained some stomach fat. Do you have some suggestions on what excessive are safe for the upper and lower abdominal are.

Abs exercises for a hernia require great care!!
The slant board leg scissors exercises use a piece of exercise equipment that allows your head to be kept below your legs during exercise, as recommended by Edwin Flatto, M.D., in Health Freedom News. A slant board is also called an incline bench, decline bench, sit-up board or crunch board. Lie face-up on the board with your head on the end toward the floor. Squeeze your abs and grab the sides of the board. Then, lift your legs toward the ceiling about one foot up. Open your legs wide and then close them, like the blades of a pair of scissors. Have a workout buddy stand at the top of the board and place her hands on the outside of your ankles and push gently as you open your legs for extra resistance.
Cycling your legs while lying on a slant board is another way to strengthen your abs. Because your leg bones don't attach to your abdominal muscles, you're not using your abs to move your legs. You do, however, use your abs to stabilize your body on the board while your legs are moving. Lie face-up on the board with your head near the bottom. Grasp the sides of the slant board for balance. Bend your knees and raise them so they're above your stomach. Squeeze your abs and press your lower back into the board. Then "pedal" your legs by alternatively straightening one and bending the other.
A mini crunch is a very small crunch that can strengthen your abs without making your hernia worse. Exhale as you lift your body to empty your body of air so the pressure in your abdomen doesn't increase. Lie face-up on the floor with your arms at your sides. Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor. Slowly lift your head and the top of your upper back off the floor, but keep your shoulder blades just touching the floor. Return to the floor.
Before doing anything check with your doctor!
I do zumba 4 times a week with a abdominal hernia! I would think it should be ok. :) I just wouldn't do ab work.
Can someone other than Dr Vinod answer as he has lost me with his blatant non-knowledge of Umbilical Hernias. His advice is shoddy at best and inaccurate at worst. No offense but having healed my hernia naturally with exercises. Specifically core sit ups, i find much of his advice intolerable.
I am a 48 year old female and have had three large babies all resulting in a C-section, after the third child I developed an incisional hernia which was repaired with mesh surgery, now 14 years later I have been diagnosed with both an umbilical hernia as well as a ventral hernia, I am quite limited with general daily activities, I have also been diagnosed with ms and severe lower disc degeneration what can I do to stay fit and do I need surgery  help!!!!!
As with any injury, only do what you can do without it causing any pain or discomfort.

Full Sit Ups DO NOT work the abdominals, they work the illiopsoas (hip muscle)!!!!

Instead, do CRUNCHES to target the Rectus Abdominus (six pack muscle).
The six pack muscle is NOT the most important CORE muscle, in fact it is a really small, thin muscle, there are way more important abdominal muscles and core muscles that you should be working on in order to get a strong core.

Hernias are caused by muscle weakness and strain. Knowing this, it is common sense that you should be strengthening your core to both prevent and heal hernias, but do so with common sense. If it hurts, don't do it. If you need surgery to repair a huge tear, then get the surgery and give your body time to heal before strengthening your core.

Doing sit ups and crunches alone won't give you a strong core.

To get a strong core, you need to work the transverse abdominus muscle!!!! It is the main core muscle that keeps all of your intestines and internal innards inside of you, it acts like a girdle to keep all the contents in your abdomen strong and tight.
To work this muscle, you have to do PLANKS. If doing planks gives you acid reflux, try doing DEAD BUGS or STOMACH VACUUMS (google these moves online) but only do these excer if they do not cause pain.

You also have to strengthen the sides of your abdominals, also called the OBLIQUES. It's easy enough to work them by adding some rotations (twists) to your crunches or doing lateral crunches.

Don't forget to work the lower back, the Quadratus Lumborum, another important core muscle. Do this by doing SIDE PLANKS. Work the Erector Spinae by doing SUPERMAN's, and add all of these to your exercise plan (that hopefully strengthens every muscle in your body) as well as remembering to do KEGEL FLOOR exercises and you will have a strong core.

Be mindful what hurts you. If it hurts don't do it, but if it doesn't, go ahead. Look up alternative exercises if something hurts you, you may be able to find something you can do without causing pain.
genetically modified organisms (GM...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
mkh9 Finally cooler in San Diego! Comment
Paxiled commented on  What Supplements To ...
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine