Exercise & Fitness Community
Heart palpitations, foot injuries, addiction to exercise-want to train ...

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Heart palpitations, foot injuries, addiction to exercise-want to train for track sooo much

I've get heart palpitations a lot, espicially after i exercise and I'm starting to get injured more frequently. I think i have a stress fracture on my left foot kind of under the big toe (ball of the foot) that hasn't gone away since last November. Not only that, but on the top of my left foot when i flex it hurts and it might be another stress fracture so i'm told, and a left leg pain-i don't know if it's a shin splint because it's higher up, but it hurts when i run on it. Then on my right foot, on top all those little bones at the base hurt, and the same thing is happening to my right as my left-where it hurts on the ball. I don't know what to do. I do cross country, which is now turned into track season, and i'm 16 yrs. of age female. For some reason, last week i felt tired, and i slowed down a little on the hard runs than normally. I don't feel like doing it anymore, but i have to. I just don't know what to do about the heart palpitations, and injuries. Is taping them everyday ok? I have a first track meet (well practice track meet) february 11. I'm trying to ride my bike on weekends, but i feel like it's not as effective as running. And i seem to go into oxygen debt fairly quicky, though i'm not overweight, and i've done sports all my life. How should i go about solving all these problems? (and my mom doesn't care to take me to the doc now-no time) so please tell me how to deal with this on my own w/help of my coaches, without taking a lot of time off. I cannot stop running-even though i may be sick of it a little, i still have to and want to do it.
Allie
Hey Allie, I also run XC/Track and I'm 16 too.  I also have had heart palpitations from running and their no fun.  Your feet probably just need some rest, I'd say you may have worked them too hard or done some running on hard surfaces.  The one thing I could suggest would be to rest.  If you keep on running it could result in some more serious issues.  Ask your coach about it.  MAKE your mother take you to the doctor if it gets worse.  Good luck.
Please be careful.  I had various leg pains off and on and finally a severe groin pain during a half marathon. Turned out I had a broken hip. Had surgery last week and now I can't run for 6 weeks or more.

Now I'm a lot older than you, so probably you don't have anything like that, but you could have stress fractures and they take forever to heal.  I know, I've had 5 of them.

They take about 6 weeks to heal, but that's with no running.

Can you bike instead?  
i suppose i could bike over weekends, but during the week, we have practice and i'm afraid to ask my coach to take off or something cause i wouldn't want him to be mad at me. He knows how much i do.
Paxiled commented on Soy products may decr...
1 hr ago
realjimmy Sometimes a Right Direction... Comment
1 hr ago
realjimmy commented on jlannspr's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine